iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Notice anything? ARGHHH!!!!!!

Started by Jeff, January 18, 2011, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikC

I see a big difference in a technology race, where various companies try to improve the product, by copying what is good and adding their own improvements, and what is happening here. With this Chinese stuff Jeff got solicited for, it is a race to the bottom, not the top. And as already brought out, it drags the good down with the bad many times.  :( :(
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: jim king on January 18, 2011, 02:51:32 PM
I read this thread this morning.  I just stepped out to buy a tape measure and ran across one of the last Amazonian loggers on my way to buy a 79 cent Chinese STAN DER LEY  tape measure.  The paint will fall off the tape in a few weeks.

Here you can buy any kind off knock off of any brand of most anything.  We have American movies on sale by the street peddlers within a week or less of release in the States for a couple of dollars and of course copied on Chinese disks.

A tired logger in front of my house

My new STAN DER LEY tape measure
I got an eye opening experience today. Went to Lowes to buy a Stanley/Bostitch Air Powered Stapler to shoot some 1 1/4" staples and when I got the box home and started to read the instructions...there is was, said "Made in China". Have to be honest, I love Stanley tools and actually have 3 of their nail guns and never had a problem with any of them, but gee whiz I still though they were made in Boston area and still all made in America. Guess not!
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Ironwood

Stanley is global, HUGE plant along the highway in Pebla Mexico, saw that 14 years ago while driving out to climbing Orizaba.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

KellyH

This beautiful machine belongs to Deere & Company.  You can track the movement of this and any other privately owned or commercial flight that files a flight plan at www.flightaware.com  Military and some government aircraft are exempt from this type of exposure.

I use this as a tool to discuss global economics with my 10yr old.  By illustrating how John Deere uses this jet to go to all the plants they build equipment in, I can secretly teach him a lesson about global economic's without him ever knowing. 

I don't like what happened to you with the email Jeff but that is just another form of global economics but in the lowest grade possible.
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

But don't you wish you had the worries you had at 10?
Bill

KellyH

I figured from the beard in the picture that 10 was a long time ago.... :D sling_shot   :D
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

jim king

Never to young for the Forestry Forum
Burlkraft
Sponsor

My Photos: Go to my Photo Gallery
Forecast: Audio

Dave Shepard

I just discovered that all of my new Milwaukee power tools are made in China. :(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Suck it up princess. :D

With 9 out of 10 items you pick up, it makes you wonder about how true the numbers are about manufacturing, as in which country is making the stuff. :D

It may be that they throw in the number of canned tomatoes versus the number of can openers. :D :D There's your math.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Just Me

My grandfather had a log arch that he built in the 50's that he pulled behind his AC WD. Used a hand crank winch to lift the log, and off to the sawmill we would go.

I think Logrite ripped off my grandpa!

I hate the theft of intellectual property, but as our government is more worried about accumilating more national debt sending money all over the world than the interests of its own citizens, I don't see any real changes happening.

If a product has a valid US patent, all copys should be siezed at the ports and crushed, then sold back to China for scrap.

This blind eye policy discourages innovation. My brother and I designed and had a tool built that we sold through automotive catalogs. When Eastwood got it we started doing ok, then someone in China started pumping them out at less cost than the parts cost us, so we shut it down and will not bother again.

Very frusterating........

Thank You Sponsors!