iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New kid on the Block

Started by Woodbuzzer, February 10, 2011, 07:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Buzz thanks Mate yeah Im working on getting things set up the way they should be Mate  ;)  ;D With the 4A turners are Real good on the small to medium logs and alot better than a chain turner but once you get up to big ones they  can have dramas with turning some of them when Dad put this mill in they used the oringinal mill infeed deck that was built buy Ron Grey that had a set of arms to lide the logs back onto the carriage and line up the cut when they where using the original flat top so the used the arms with the carriage on the big ones and just turned down onto the log deck and pushed the log back on in much the same fashion as they had with the old mill it also saved knocking the carriage around with upturning on big logs as the log deck took the brunt of the force but you could also upturn with it by using one of the arms to pin the log while you went for another bite with the turner but like you said alot better than not having one at all and a new one is only $3k Mate

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Gday

Buzz I also forgot to say What I saw Mate  ;) Well if I Had My Way Id Saw Ironbark All Day  ;) :D ;D 8) But cant so Pine Is what I will mainly will be sawing from here on in   ;) ;D 8) But my familys been doing that for coming upto 50 years  ;)  ;D But I have been lucky to have sawn in excess of 100 different species over the years and will still see a fair mix as I will continue to do portable work also  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!