iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Put`n out feel`rs

Started by Kevin, October 28, 2001, 05:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Anyone hear tell of a Woodmizer with a 40 hp Lombardini diesel engine?

Tom

Woodmizer was using the Lombardini untiil the problems in the field became more than they were willing to put up with.  Last year they went with the 38 horse Kubota turbo-charged to 43+ horses.(this was my interpretation)

http://www.benjones.com/itemsheets/12328.htm

Kevin

Thanks Tom, a chap from the milling group was inquiring.

Gordon

Gee I looked at the title of this thread and thought it might be about drumming up new business. Seems you either have work coming out your ears or your putting out feelers for either better or more work. ;)

So I guess no matter how good you are, at times in your life you will have slow times, ya never want to see them but it does happen when you least expect it. So the key is to always have some feelers out there even when you busy as heck, just to see what the market is and to prepare your self for a possible down turn.

This can be overlooked when running a small business got to keep those feelers out. Hay what was this thread about? ;D
Gordon

woodmills1

insects have feelers.  i try to keep my irons in the fire and my shoulder against the wheel.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Gordon

What works for you is the correct way to go. Least I'm not a snakin across the ground. :D

This is an important aspect that alot of small businessmen and women overlook. Not keeping an eye on the future forecast, allthough not always correct it does have it's merit.

Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!