The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: Metal Detection In Logs  (Read 16115 times)

Offline Jeff_Green

• Happy In Branson Missouri!!
    • Share Post
Re: Metal Detection In Logs
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2001, 04:49:11 AM »
 :) :)Tom,  I have dug up my share of pop tops too!! ... The Whites I have has a display screen that tells you what it thinks the signal is - pop top, penny, nickle,dime etc. and how deep it is - It also flashes a number from 0-100 so I can tell the difference between a clad dime and a silver dime - an indian head penny and a newer penny (different alloys give different numbers) ..... Pretty fancy! ....... I have found silver dollars (including one 1878 carson city) - shield nickels, barber coins, many gold rings, cival war bullets, spanish explorer trading beads and a small bell, ...... Great hobby!!! ... (now I need to train it to find 5/8 bolts with nuts on both ends and railroad spikes and the like!!!) ....... Oh, by the way, how were your grits this morning???? :D :D :D

Offline Tom

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
    • Toms Saw
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2001, 03:38:41 PM »
As hard as I've tried to find that really important type treasured I've failed.  Hammerheads and Axes, old carriage and wagon parts, logging tools and spare change pretty much covers my shooting sprees.  I just tell people that I would rather find axe heads and that makes me sound successful. :D :D

No grits for two days, visiting in the wrong household.  Now that I'm back home I'll get some in the morning. :)
extinct

TanglewoodTimber

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2001, 07:39:49 AM »
I am sorry fellas, but ai do not have the time to read all of the entertaining comnentary, which is good stuff.  I t is getting daylight here in Western Oregon's rainy world and I must ge to cutting lumber instead of the other stuff being cut here.  I think it was james Mills  inone of the sites that said spring for a Rens. Idid a few years ago.  It has saved me thousands of $ anbd time in hours being down with the mill. I can detect metal through a 3' log without hesitations well spent money, guys.  I did spend it and I have saves way more than it cost me.  Good hunting! :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
metal detection

Started by bandmiller2 on Sawmills and Milling

4 Replies
Last post December 06, 2007, 04:43:08 PM
by brdmkr
xx
Dyes for leak detection

Started by nativewolf on Forestry and Logging

6 Replies
Last post June 15, 2017, 03:11:48 PM
by JLeBouton