iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is This Tool?

Started by tcsmpsi, June 13, 2011, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I am not seeing any handles but after taking a closer look, it does resemble the squeezing action that my Grain Binding/Bundling tool has.  The bundles were then Shocked for curing before threshing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

I see a pat pend made in the USA.  also, the number 10.  is there a brand name?  could use to be a filter wrench, and also has a round grove on the far end.  maybe a rubber piece???
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

That would be a mighty big filter !!  :shocked2:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

Prob. for filters in Texas.  @TimW  :wink_2: ffcheesy
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

rusticretreater

If you look at the picture, you will see one end of the clamp is beveled and will fit in the groove of the other end.  IMO that makes it a clamp for a specific sized pipe and the handle mechanism will lock into place, just like the chain holddown truckers use.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

caveman

A pipe clamp of some sort may be the answer.  I'll try to get better pictures the next time he stops by, which is usually every weekend or so.  Thank you for those who have made suggestions.  It evidently is not a common tool.
Caveman

doc henderson

see if there is writing on the other side.  please! ffcool ffsmiley

mroldstyle

I would use it as a Busch Light can crusher. ffcheesy

caveman

These are the pics I was sent a few minutes ago.  
Caveman

doc henderson

48 and 49 may be part numbers, there is a bone like symbol on each of the two big parts.  I can make out the made in the USA, but not what is in front of that, looks like "hot pens".   nice close up but need one at the name of the tool or brand on the part 48 in front of the made in USA.  or hit it with a wire wheel or do a pencil shading on paper to get the raised letters.   ffsmiley   I think the light is better on the right half.  if he can read it, that may help.  then we can do a search on google.   :thumbsup:

TimW

That is an over center clamp that locks and holds a certain size pipe.  I'm guessing oil field or water well.  You hold it while the drilling rig spins the pipe.
Or Popeye's spinach can opener.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Hilltop366

I did a image search and came up with a lot of pictures of horse shoes and other various U shaped pieces of rusty metal but also any image that looked like this but with a longer handle was called a vintage tire bead breaker.

Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 10.12.08 AM.png

Hilltop366

doc henderson

that makes sense.  the notch must go on the wheel rim on the other side.

rusticretreater

I can agree with that.  Here is another image of a Ken Tools version.  It has the wider foot which I am used to seeing on tire bead breakers.  I kept searching for well pipe clamps and was coming up with tools with a similar clamping shape but I couldn't find anything that matched the tool closely.

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

TimW

Bingo, I see it clear as mud now.  The last photo, above, looks like it was modified to work better.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Thank You Sponsors!