The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: foley belsaw  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Buck Sawyer

• Share Post
foley belsaw
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:37 PM »
looking to buy  a Foley Belsaw M14. I live in minnesota and if anyone has one for sale or knows someone who has one for sale, i would like to hear.  Thanks for any information you can give

Offline Meadows Miller

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Find a Job You Love & You Will Never Work Another Day In Your Life
  • The Walkabout Sawyer
    • Share Post
Re: foley belsaw
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 02:37:06 AM »
Gday

And Welcome to The Forum Buck  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) I will keep my eye out in my travels I also know a bloke Sparky here that has two of them in MN and Ill also ask him if he wants to sell them ill also be visiting him there in about a week and a half  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Offline sparky

• Full Member x2
  • I have the energy of someone twice my age!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:19:12 AM »
Buck,

I have a complete M-14 and most, if not all, the parts of a second one. Both have 52 inch blades, so you will need some serious HP to spin them. I might consider selling one. I will send you an e-mail to the address on your profile.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Offline Meadows Miller

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Find a Job You Love & You Will Never Work Another Day In Your Life
  • The Walkabout Sawyer
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:36:55 AM »
Gday Will

Ill pm you but I should be at your place by the 30th from the looks of it Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:52:54 AM »
Welcome Buck,I'am not trying to bad mouth Belsaw but they are the minimum mill that can cut a log, anything simpler would be a chainsaw and roller skates.All over this country there are older handset circular mills laying fallow,heavy duty mills,that can be had for the same or less than Belsaw.Find A sawyer in your area he'll know where the mills are in the woods.I live back east in a yupee stroon field and could have walked to a couple of unused mills from my house.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Offline Buck Sawyer

• Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:01:39 AM »
I am just looking for a simple sawmill right now, and affordable. my family used to run a sawmill up by lake Winnebegosh in Minnesota.  They had a larger mill, but heavy snow pushed the roof in on it last winter, and they sold the mill this spring.  Just looking to start small right now.  Thanks again for any info

Offline shelbycharger400

• Senior Member x2
  • m14/04 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
where you at buck sawyer?    i just bought my belsaw about a month ago, not sellin it, but i could show you mine if you find one thats in parts so you know whats missing/ or to expect.  not all belsaws have the live feed set..   mine was used for one log only, 42 in blade, 2 dog carrage , full auto feed, paints faded, but the carrage has no scrached off paint.   The carrage on this mill is very light/ made out of thin metal,  and with buddy on one end, me other,   one can flex it alot...  i already know that when i redo the wood rails mine came with, it has to be dead on, not only to make good lumber,  but a 1/4 in out, it will
bind up.     I paid 1500 for mine , and only thing broken is the saw guide ( measure stick) i think its missing a spring or wire.  I wouldnt pay much more than that for one with a wood deck. , steel deck... not shure for $  but i have seen them go for around 3k .

Offline HOGFARMER

• Full Member x2
  • Farming feeds the world.
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
I bought one with the steel frame complete and operational  here on the forum.
Manual LT-30

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
foley belsaw

Started by beav39 on General Board

3 Replies
Last post March 29, 2009, 08:40:28 PM
by rpg52
xx
Foley belsaw m14

Started by michiganmilkman on Wanted

3 Replies
Last post February 14, 2016, 01:47:10 PM
by thecol