The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Husky stop switches  (Read 1012 times)

Offline treefarm

• My other wife
    • Share Post
Husky stop switches
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:01:48 AM »
Hi all-I've read a few threads in this section (most recent being spring of 2011) about stop switches on Husky saws not working (or working intermittently) and while working on my 28 year old model 61, found something that wasn't mentioned before, I think. I was getting the saw ready for logging Hemlock and had stripped it down, blowing it out and cleaning it up in general. The switch had usually always worked, but in recent years I had to move it to stop and wiggle it around to stop the saw.

I took out the little retainer screw, popped the switch out, blew it off and bench tested it with a Fluke meter-it turned off and on without skipping a beat a bunch of times. When the saw was back together and I was using it, the switch didn't work at all-totally dead & back to choking it to stop it, which I haven't had to do in years! Curiosity got the best of me so back to my shop I went. When I pulled it back out, bench testing showed it to be working fine once again. That's when I realized that there was perfectly intact, 28 year old orange paint where the retainer screw screwed into the saw housing. The arm that comes out of the switch that the screw passes through is also the ground for the switch to the saw, which kills the engine when you move it to stop. The screw also had a powder coating on it, so the combination of paint and coating prevented the switch from grounding the ignition and stopping the saw. When I scraped off the paint around the screw hole , and cleaned off the coating on the screw, everything works great. Hopefully that'll help in some cases.
Treefarm

Offline Kevin

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Husky stop switches
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing that with the group treefarm.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Husky start stop switches

Started by 9shooter on Chainsaws

24 Replies
Last post April 14, 2011, 04:12:59 PM
by Yoopersaw
xx
Husky kill switches

Started by bandmiller2 on Chainsaws

4 Replies
Last post July 26, 2013, 07:50:30 PM
by bill m