The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: lt40 super, Super expensive part! lol  (Read 39623 times)

Offline boman1

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: lt40 super, Super expensive part! lol
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 11:03:20 PM »
Been there done all that on my 05 super....Main thing....make sure and upgrade to the latest fuse block will save you some headaches. Good luck....

Offline spencerhenry

• Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 11:38:28 PM »
not sure if that was a joke or an insult, but i check oil, and water EVERY day i use the mill. and i dont crank and crank and crank, but 10 seconds is NOT very long if the temperature is well below zero, glow plugs or not.
 i dont think i have a diesel that will start with less than  10 seconds of cranking, not the skidder with no glow plugs, the mill with glow plugs, '05 6 liter ford with glow plugs, skidsteer with glow plugs, or the fuso with glow plugs that dont work. some just flat dont start unless plugged in, but the mill is no where near electrical power and has no block heater.

when it is really cold, it will fire pretty quick but needs a few seconds of "assistance" from the starter to stay running.

i have several machines, and have sold several off, never had to replace a starter yet, except for ones that were bad when i bought the machine.

Offline customsawyer

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • The Custom Sawyer
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »
It was a miss understanding.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head planer, 30" double surface planer, Lucus dedicated slaber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Offline boman1

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »
I have the Cat diesel....had to replace all of the glow plugs at one point. Check them.....mine starts good down to the 20's when they are good.

Offline Magic Smoke

• Is letting the magic smoke out of the wires bad?
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
Sorry spencerhenry,
I wasn't trying to imply that you were cranking too long, your right, 10 secs. is not too long, I just meant that you could crank the engine until you destroyed the starter and it wouldn't have any effect on the H-Bridge.
As far as the cold start, you might try manually holding the throttle wide open while cranking, the Cat's will usually start a lot better if you do. Also, the o-rings on the fuel tank fittings can sometimes leak very slightly causing the fuel system to leak down overnight and make the engine have to "prime" itself in the morning. Make sure you are using the right oil weight in the engine too (probably 10w30 in the winter), if you are using something heavier the oil will be real "thick" causing the governor to be slow to respond.

Offline ladylake

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 05:48:47 AM »

You might want to put a squeeze bulb like on a boat motor  or a electric fuel pump on if you think your having leak down problems. Had a truck like that , I had to pump the primer every morniing or crank a long time. That turned out to be something in the fuel filter, when I put a new one on the problem went away. I have MM tractor that wounldn't start after running out of fuel, put a primer bulb inline and no problems now.    Steve
Timberking B20 15000 hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Offline Bandmill Bandit

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2020, 03:48:18 PM »
Grounding Can be an issue on any equipment and there was service bulletin rom Kohler Re grounding issues with their motors on saw mills BUT it applies in general.

I love my 07  Wood Mizer BUT the one a system that could be a bit more robust out of the factory is the electrical conductors and grounding system. 

I have upgraded ALL of my conductors to High grade copper conductors that are at least 1 gauge size larger than the OEM wire AND I have added 2 extra Ground cables that are coated with dielectric grease BEFORE they are connected to the ground terminals. The info is in the sawmill mods section. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
anyone recognize this part lt40 super

Started by Tom L on Sawmills and Milling

7 Replies
Last post January 31, 2020, 03:50:58 PM
by Bandmill Bandit
moved
MOVED: How much more super, is the lt40 super?

Started by chet on Sawmills and Milling

0 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 11:45:32 AM
by chet
xx
WM LT40 HD or Super HD?

Started by Finn1903 on Sawmills and Milling

31 Replies
Last post January 13, 2015, 02:33:32 PM
by Finn1903
xx
New to me LT40 Super