iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New project, we'll see how it unfolds.

Started by SwampDonkey, November 20, 2011, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I cut a bunch of tenons today on the frame timbers. No pictures, but some are 3" long and some 2". On 4" and 5" wide timber. Now I need that drill press to start the mortises.  :D I just drill between the scribed lines and use a mortise chisel to clean it out. Keeps things square. I also have a hooked mortise chisel to clean out the bottom.

A mortise attachment might be nice. I think people use them improperly. I think again you drill the holes with a bit and square the shoulders with a chisel and clean up with the mortiser. That's how I see it used in my shop manuals. Some people try to go pull bore cutting dense hardwood from the start. I see troubles doing that just by looking at the design of the bit.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Da man has maybe a new girlyfriend and is making a new to her cosmetic center.

smiley_gorgeous dangle_smiley dangle_smiley smiley_love
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

Warbird

This is what I was referring to:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,25344.0.html

There have a been a couple of other threads over the years where a guy was given a hard time about building too nice of an outhouse.  :)  In fact, I think one guy even built a really nice outhouse but I can't find the thread.

isawlogs

I think the outhouse you are refering too is that one Chet built at his cabin  :o   smiley_daisy

Chet's Outhouse
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

I've seen member Pappy's Outhouse up in Soldier Pond by their cabin on the Fish River.
It is one super Outhouse and even has a heater in it. :)

SwampDonkey

Thus the phrase "built like a brick ___ house". ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

T Welsh

SwampDonkey,yer killing me,give up a little more info. My guess,A big a-- T square for the timber frame guys :o. Tim

SwampDonkey

The thread on drilling and ratchets is related.   ;D

thecfarm

I saw 2 brick ones in PA by an Amish school house. One for the boys,one for the girls. I have no idea where the picture is now.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Need a 1-1/2" Ø dowel, 60" long for a piece of "support equipment" in this project. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvsjQjd8nw

SwampDonkey

Here's the dowel rod. The attachment points will be on the bottom end and 12 inches down from the ends.  ;D

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

isawlogs

It's all for a girlyfriend I tell ya.  ;D

Marcel

Norm

Keep that up and we'll never get invited for moose hunting Marcel.  :D

Warbird

Coon

Looks like he made one of dem fandangled thumpin' sticks..... maybe he's gonna try to tame some of them moose so he can hook the sled to em...  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Video coming up in a couple hours. I'm on dial-up remember. ;D ;)

Warbird

Yes, now I'm very curious to see how it 'unfolds'.

Magicman

Whatever it is, we don't have them in Mississippi, but I'm sure that I always wanted one.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

metalspinner

Ohhh...
It's a clothes dryer for Swampdonkey's unmentionables.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wewzfT1G8Y

Needs a little wax on the axel. ;D

Remember, this is a piece of the "support equipment".

Dave Shepard

Are you changing your business name to Swamp Donkey Weaving and Forestry? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Hey, I just make the furniture. ;D

But, weaving is a much warmer and drier occupation. :D

Thank You Sponsors!