iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Price

Started by dgdrls, December 27, 2011, 06:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

I posted earlier looking for input on the LT 28.  Thank you to all who posted.

Another question, are the prices WM sets for their new mills firm?  Do the regional shops have the authority to "deal" on price?

Thank
DGDrls

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There's a bunch of WM Reps on here that can probably answer your question.

I traded 2 fishing rods, a weed eater, a rusty pocket knife, 2 acres of beach front property and my ex-wife for my LT40.
Mooney said he'd never do that again.....1 of the rods was broken! :D

Now.....I'm a proud Woodmizer owner!  8)

dg, I just looked on their website. They're selling 2012 models at 2011 prices. Seriously, that's when I bought my WM last year. I bought mine at the previous year price. That ain't bad!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dan_Shade

if they are firm on price, try to get them to throw in free blades!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WH_Conley

An ex wife. What did those guys do to deserve that? :o
Bill

MartyParsons

Hello,
Everyone wants a deal. On evey sale I hope we both leave feeling good about the deal,sale, purchase. You should be able to call any Wood-Mizer location and get the exact same price quote.

Thanks
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

dgdrls

MP,  thank-you it does help.  I suspected this to be the case but was looking for some type of confirmation.

DGDrls

jdtuttle

DGDrls,
Look at used sawmills. Woodmizer has some listed on their website & there are other places to look too.
jim
Have a great day

porcupine

If you buy from Woodmizer you will get the same deal as everyone else, so you can sleep good at night with now buyers remorse.
When I was searching last year I did see a LT70 on the Woodmizer website that must have been returned or repo'ed . It was loaded with all the options and very low hours on it. Less than 100 I believe. It sold for 42k now that was a bargain. Hindsight tells me I should have jumped on that beauty.
Do your homework and buy the machine of your choice. Let's get cutting!
Kubota M5040  2007
Kubota U35 Mini-Ex  2016
Brute Force 18-24 Firewood Processor 2022
Brute Force Grapple
Super Split HD
Logrite Cant Hook, Pickaroon
Stihl MS250, MS461, MSE 220
Lamar 16' Dump Trailer
Load Trail 20' Tilt Trailer

zopi

About the best deals going right now...you are not going to regret it anyway, so write the check and ask for a few blades...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

dgdrls

I currently have a request into WM on a used mill.  I'm looking forward to hearing back. 

jdtuttle, I know two fellows from Candor and they keep telling me it's the cultural center of the universe,  is that true? ;)

Thanks
DGDrls

Buck

now wait a dang minute, even though she's been quiet lately I have an ex wife to deal away..... ::)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

jdtuttle

QuoteI know two fellows from Candor and they keep telling me it's the cultural center of the universe
That all depends on who you talk too. We do have a wide variety of personalities & the population is a mixed bag of people with different carreers. Ranging from fallow deer farmers to Doctors,Lawyers & everything in between. The one thing you can count on in Candor is, if you need help the community is very giving. Our recent flooding was a great indication of that. Who are the fellows you know? I know just about everyone here  :)
jim
Have a great day

petefrom bearswamp

Hi JD
I live 10 miles NW of Homer.
Used to work at Camp McCormick in the early 70's
Knew Hoot Strong and Bucky Turner and the Craigs Tom, Puss and Tiger and a few others.
Did some work For Tom in the 90's (I am a retired consulting Forester)
Also did a lot of business with Stan Winnick.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bodger

I bought my WM HD40 in '95...back then there were really no used mills around and not near as many manufactures on the map.  When I asked about a price break they said flat out 'no'.  At first I was miffed but looking at the options WM was the only reasonable choice.  I seem to remember there was about a three month waiting period back then.  After 16 years I'm thankful I went ahead and bought the hydraulic mill (added cost) and the fact of flat pricing has been greatly overcome by the consistent tech support and parts availability.   Sometimes I get the itch for a new mill but the truth is, mine isn't worn out yet, in fact I'm probably closer to the end than my mill.  Used is an option but it's like a used truck - you need to know what kind of care has it received up to now.  Over the lifetime of a WM mill the original cost is minor.   
Work's fine for killing time but it's a shaky way to make a living.

Thank You Sponsors!