iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Signs of Spring

Started by Chuck White, March 12, 2012, 06:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

Here in Charlotte Bradford pears are blooming, and dogwoods are starting to bloom.  I have started to hear spring peepers too.

Chuck White

Blue Birds arrived here yesterday!

They're already fighting over which birdhouse they'll be living in this summer.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Scott

Deer skeletons are an early sign of spring.This skeleton of a small seer was found at the sight where I usually have a game camera, but had it in for the winter. It may have died from starvation, a hunters wound, or predator kill. The camera is now back on location. April 15, 2015.

~Ron

Ron Scott

This deer has had a hard winter and now seeks out some spring forage.

~Ron

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

Bucks start to grow their new antlers.

~Ron

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Makes me start itching.  ;D I miss Deer hunting during the summer.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

This doe appears ready to drop her fawn. I almost stepped on a newborn fawn while checking the cameras. It startled me with a bleat and weakly ran off.

~Ron

sandhills

One of the reasons I hate first cutting hay, to date I've never gotten a fawn, but did get a turkey nest  :-\, had to unplug the windrower and it wasn't a pretty sight.

rjwoelk

In the 12 + years of haying I did kill a fawn, sure felt bad a out it. Ducks and other nesters usually went over top.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

SwampDonkey

Lots of woodcock nests with eggs this year.

Last week saw 7 moose. But moose are like looking for a cow in a barn yard in this part of the world.  ;D

Have seen a few bear, most where young, except one big one alone.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Deer and Turkey Feeding Together.

~Ron

thecfarm

Nice pictures. I get that in the winter time,gray squirrels will join in too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Whether actually planned or not, I believe that deer and turkey combine their senses of danger and their actions will alert each other.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Almost stepped on a grouse nest with 12 eggs, momma made off like a wounded dog. ;) Darn grouse building nests on the edge of my thinning. Hmmm.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

More bucks with their spring time start to new antlers.

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Chuck White

He's starting to sprout, Ron.

Seen a few like that in this area lately.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!