iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Withdrawel Symptoms, WM mill Down

Started by Cedarman, April 28, 2012, 08:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

Yesterday for about 5 hours our LT30 E Super was down because of forward/reverse problems.  Couldn't use the mill.  What a feeling of loss in not being able to fire up the mill and cut orders that are stacked up. My sawyer uses the mill during work hours and I use it evenings, weekends and when he is running the scragg.  It has over 12,000 hours and is extremely rarely down for more than an hour or so.  I let my son trouble shoot the problem with WM's help. (As usual WM tech help kept at it until full diagosis and cure could be implemented). They finally figured out a diode went bad. Have replacement parts coming, mill is usable with care while waiting until Monday.
Just the thought of the mill not being ready and able is a terrible thought when it is used daily.  Sometimes 7 days a week.
The feeling of relief when my son said it would saw again.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

thecfarm

Pack up your grits and come see me.  ;D Hemlock is on the sawmill and ready to be cut.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I have also found that the WM Reps were very knowledgeable and ready to stick with you until the gremlin was found.    :P  No product is any better than the service that you get.   smiley_thumbsup 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bugdust

My experience with the WM tech support was exceptional. There I was back on top of the mountain and the mill wouldn't start. So, with poor cell service, I called the tech and he talked me through the problem in less than 30 minutes. My problem was a diode too, cut it out, tied two wires together and continued sawing. Within 3 days I had the new diode installed.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You don't get help like this any where else. Its amazing isn't it?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Cedarman

Woodmizer could conduct seminars on good customer service.  Actually, I think most companies know what good service is.  It's just that WM knows how to implement it to the max.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Their cross-training is awesome.  It seems as though everyone generally knows everyone elses job. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

millwright

I have nothing but good results from WM service and tech help.

Thank You Sponsors!