Previous topic - Next topic

Andries

Impressive Doug!
You're gonna be the "Pallet King" of the NorthEast in no time.  ;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

nativewolf

4x4 you need to get 2 sawdust blowers and the conveyors.  Keep a trailer parked and dump them both right into it, simple way to handle that issue and one that is easy on the bank compared to the hours you'll spend on sawdust doing it the manual way.  The blowers are 1-3k used, same for conveyors, and you'll need a power source but at the rate you're producing it would be cheaper to do that than hire a person.  It would also automate the process of selling the sawdust, let your customer just bring a trailer and you let them know when it's full and they can haul away.  Just thoughts..
Liking Walnut

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Dave Shepard

My exhaust manifold was a factory defect. WM paid out off pocket to repair it so I wouldn't have to fight CAT.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

Good WM did that for you. 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Just got back in.. I was adjusting my bed rails on the WM they were all cattywampus (the bolts became loose somehow) when I got a call from the pallet buyer said that he wanted to send a truck tomorrow am to pick up what I have done so far on his most recent ASAP *** URGENT *** 17mbf order lol...so I hada drop what I was doing and run all them cants through the hungry hungry Baker.  Got em all cut by about 8pm or so.  I think before I get any sawdust blowers I needa get a DUG blower to cool me down on these hot days lol

I am whooped

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Dave thats awesome WM took care of that for you.  Good on them
Boy, back in my day..

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

4x4American

Quote from: nativewolf on June 12, 2017, 08:40:15 AM
4x4 you need to get 2 sawdust blowers and the conveyors.  Keep a trailer parked and dump them both right into it, simple way to handle that issue and one that is easy on the bank compared to the hours you'll spend on sawdust doing it the manual way.  The blowers are 1-3k used, same for conveyors, and you'll need a power source but at the rate you're producing it would be cheaper to do that than hire a person.  It would also automate the process of selling the sawdust, let your customer just bring a trailer and you let them know when it's full and they can haul away.  Just thoughts..

I absolutely do need some form of sawdust collection.  First I need to run a power service in to the saw shed, and before I can do that I need to get the backhoe fixed, and to do that I need to make sawdust lol vicious cycle.

Thanks Darrell
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Quote from: 4x4American on June 12, 2017, 09:58:25 PMI am whooped
But you earned that whooping in a good way.  I am happy to see your foresight paying off and your stars aligning.  You may not be there yet with the fine tuning, but the progress is obvious.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

OK 4x4 why is some boards turned?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Peter Drouin

Summer is here, About time. 8) 8)

84°
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 13, 2017, 05:29:08 AM
OK 4x4 why is some boards turned?

To keep the packs more stable because if I stacked them all the same way they wouldnt be able to move the pack around after they reverse band it.  I do a full layer of sideways because if you just do two or three that hardwood will twist and move where it's not being supported especially if it sits for a few days. 

Thanks MM

Boy, back in my day..

SlowJoeCrow

4x4,

Once you get your electric service ran, check out the Timberking/Woodmaster sawdust blowers.  They sell two dust collector units, but you can buy just the blower assembly off them - I think it would serve your needs.

WDH

Quote from: 4x4American on June 12, 2017, 09:58:25 PM
I think before I get any sawdust blowers I needa get a DUG blower to cool me down on these hot days lol

POWERBOX and FAN.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

petefrom bearswamp

Well I am old and slow and mainly alone, so I sticker as it comes off the saw unless an order is to be picked up soon then dead stack and give them stickers if they ask.
Been slowed down this last week and a half due to mr and mrs robin working hard to raise 3 babies.
At first they would just sit outside nearby and chirp until I left the area, but now I just shut the saw off and sit back and watch them feed  the little ones
They look like they should be gone by weeks end.
This happens every year.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Dave Shepard

48" barn fans help. Just drink more water, as they will dry you out.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

paul case

Those chicken house fans really do help and if you can set them right they will help keep the dust blowing away from you. I am going to find an old push lawnmower and set a fan on it''portable ac''.  I am getting a patent. :D ;D 8)

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Peter Drouin

It was 80°cut a little pine and did the fan thing on some 1x12x8.

Loggers I called are on hard wood, No W Pine for a week or two.
So I called a concentration yard,  :D :D
They have a yard in NH, With an office in Beecher Falls VT. Hardwood mill in Can, Champeau .

Call and things happen,  :D :D :D

When buying logs this way, No scaling.  :D :D
I do check bf with the slip, On the money as always.
Keep me for a week, :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

Wish I could do that here.  :-\

Magicman

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 13, 2017, 11:02:30 AM
Just drink more water, as they will dry you out. 
Purple Drank is better'n water.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Darrel

Where do I have to go to get some of that thar purple drank I keeps hearin everybody talkin bout???
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 13, 2017, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 13, 2017, 11:02:30 AM
Just drink more water, as they will dry you out. 
Purple Drank is better'n water.   ::)

I will vouch for that oshiffer. Hick up!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 13, 2017, 09:30:46 PM
Wish I could do that here.  :-\

It is handy, But, A little more $$.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!