iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Borrowed a Lucas Mill

Started by boatman, July 03, 2012, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatman

$45 to retip and service each blade.  $7 to repair the broken pocket.

sigidi

Good stuff mate - well done Boatman. Hope you've had a good time with the Lucas ya borrowed.

Not to hijack things, but after talkin about this metal, guess what...?

Did a job on the weekend, 5 hours solid slabbing with the owner and his son tailing the slabs straight into the shed all the time....

14 inches into the first cut of the day!!!!

2 days later doin more slabbing.....

Always willing to help - Allan

logboy

How many chains do you have Sigidi? How do you transport them without them turning into a giant knotted ball? I'm planning on making some sort of a case for mine. I just havent gotten around to it yet.  Do you file yours right on the Lucas rail with the jig?
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

sigidi

I run 3 chains at the moment mate, and dunno if over there you get the same kind of bottles, but I use cut off Pepsi 2L bottles for storage. All my milling gear fits in my Ex Army trunk and the Pepsi bottles work well to store them in the trunk (need to sharpen a couple tonight when I get home, might see if I can take a quick vid of how I 'roll' them up and store them for ya) and yer I got the Lucas jig for the rails, couldn't see the worth in it with the last mil and spent a good deal of time on the floor under the mill sharpening them on the bar, with the rail jig I didn't know I needed it til I had it, much faster to sharpen a chain and also easier and gives better, more consistent results, seems to take less time to sharpen off the bar in the jig than on the bar - I recommend it if you haven't got one.
Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!