iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colonoscopy

Started by Magicman, July 24, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

oh DanG,that is funny. I had 1 done so far,first one they meet in the middle,went down one end and up the other end.  :D  Than they had to check out my stomach again. My other end was fine.  ;D  I was suppose to have a 11 am scope. Did not happen until 3. I was some hungry when I got out of there. No big deal to have it done. The juice is really the worst part of it, or what I mean is the results of drinking the juice is. You don't want company that day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

blackfoot griz

Thanks for starting this thread MM.

I had the gallon jug. 1/2 in the afternoon the second 1/2 early in the morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They sent off 3 samples for biopsy tests. It turned out ok.  I have to do it again in three years.

One of my coworkers got things mixed up...she sent me an e-mail giving me well wishes. In her email she wrote "I hope your autospy goes well".  She was really embarrassed when I replied "I'm not dead yet"

Stephen1

Here is my story for the %100 curable cancer, as long as they get the polyp in time.
I made a mistake on the phone call and took my wifes' appointment. Well they found a funny place polyp/tumour. I had to go back in  in 2 weeks when the real good Dr. was back, he owns the clinic. he took me to hospital and removed it. On my follow up visit, he said I owed him for saving my life. The polyp was 9 years old, in a bad place. I was told at 10 years they turn cancerous, and then it is a horror story, very few people survive.
I go back very 2 years, and my children were told to go at age 40 as there is now a history.
I am so glad I got my wifes appointment. 8)
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

thecfarm

I bet your family is too.Talk about faith.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Slab Slicer

Had my first one at age 45. Due for another is 2 years. Was passing blood, and it scared the heck out of me. Got the procedure, and found out all was fine. My point is, don't wait for a problem. Whether there is a history or not, with such a simple procedure, for a cancer that is so deadly, I'll take the "prep" over the cancer anytime.
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

grweldon

Slab slicer,

That's what happened to me.  I discovered dark red stools.  I was 40.  Got scoped and found nothing out of the ordinary and sent home with a clean bill of health.  I'm not 50.  I haven't had another, I guess it's time...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

trapper

took the pills last night started drinking the gallon of juice this afternoon.  They are going with the gallon because many people dont drink enough water.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Shotgun

I hope that everything works out for you, Trapper.  Is this the first one?  It's a good thing to do at your age, and not all that bad.  I suspect that this isn't the first one for you.

Nice to visit with you at the pig roast.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

samandothers

Well worth the peace of mind. Had a firemen that put it off tip he was 56. Found several issues and some cancerserous growths. Had to have a portion of his colon removed. He laughs now about having a semi-colon, however at the time this was going on it was not funny for him, family nor friends.
Don't think about doing it one day sometime in the future and keep delaying, have it done no big deal. The cleansing process to me was way worse than the procedure.

Magicman

I just got my notice.  My "pre-procedure" appointment with the Dr. is the 21st.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on August 12, 2013, 11:00:45 PM

Don't forget to take pictures :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

drobertson

Hope all goes well for all of you going through this, mine a few years back, no issues, the doc did say the go-litely (1gal) was use to keep the colon in the natural state, just a bear to get it all down,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

grweldon

You should have plenty of time to recover and make it to the Sycamore Project #2 gathering on the 31st, eh?   ;D

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Ljohnsaw

Since age 50, my HMO does a stool sample looking for trace amounts of blood (I suspect).  I guess I should push ;) for a colo?  No history in my family, just heart disease :( so I watch what I eat along with my cholesterol.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

kderby

Colon Cancer killed my Dad at 64 years, a couple of years after he retired from a productive US Forest Service career.  An Air Force veteran and married father of three, he was an organic gardener, fit, never smoked, rarely drank.  His parents lived into their nineties.  He felt ill, went to the doctor then to surgery (colon cancer was into his intestine and liver).  Diagnosis to death was three months. 

That was twenty years ago.   I miss him.

Don't like the idea of a colonoscopy?  Do it for your kids.

Chuck White

Sorry to hear the sad news, but thanks for the reminder to all!

Get yourself scheduled, I'll be due for a repeat next year!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I had my "pre" visit yesterday.  I "clean out" Wednesday and will have my procedure Thursday AM.  Oh Joy.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

Hope everything works out OK, Lynn.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Chuck White

Quote from: Raider Bill on August 13, 2013, 08:51:24 AM
Quote from: Magicman on August 12, 2013, 11:00:45 PM

Don't forget to take pictures :D

Yes, remember the old Forestry Forum saying "no pics, it didn't happen"!

Of course I can think of LOTS of pics I'd rather look at!  :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

smiley_dizzy   Oh that stuff is soooooo goooood.   steve_smiley

woodandtractors

I get started on my prep about 1pm Thursday for Friday morning "procedure". My third time,hope this one's the last for a few years. Had my first at 60 after finding out my maternal grandfather died of colon cancer,in (I think) his early 60's.
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

trapper

doc says come back in three years. He removed 4 small pollops.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

I started my drinking binge at 12:30 today and go in at 8:15 tomorrow.  I had two polyps last year and hopefully will be clear this year. 

thecfarm

I will say it before Poston does, The doctor hopes you are clear too.

Magicman

Well I am "clear" now.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!