iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmll shed begins!

Started by lyle niemi, August 17, 2012, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Looking good there.

Dog is at rest, knowing you are hard at work making his dog house more comfortable. :)

Appears to be drying out a bit and see you have been doing some water control too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lyle niemi

Finally starting to get some tin on before winter, BTW, winter isnt to far off!

drobertson

Looking good!  and you are so right, hard to believe September is almost here, it was a fast summer for sure, 
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

lyle niemi

Quote from: drobertson on August 17, 2013, 08:03:49 AM
Looking good!  and you are so right, hard to believe September is almost here, it was a fast summer for sure, 
david
Thanx David, yep summer is flying by and I still have a bunch of stuff to get done before the snow comes...oopps! sorry for swearing, Isaid the S word!!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I see that it was exactly a year ago today when your trusses were delivered.  Time passes fast when you are having fun.  I like that shed.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lyle niemi

Quote from: Magicman on August 17, 2013, 05:43:21 PM
I see that it was exactly a year ago today when your trusses were delivered.  Time passes fast when you are having fun.  I like that shed.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Not bad eh, only took a year to get sometin on the walls..lol :new_year:

bandmiller2

Lyle, your our action hero,I'd say your a seasoned sawyer by now judging from the pictures.What are you planning to do for light and heat in the mill.No mill is tight but it sure helps if you can duct some of the warm breeze from the radiator your way in the winter.South facing windows help. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

slider

Glad to see you getting some tin up Lyle .Those Alberta winters can be a bit rough.I trucked up your way for about 12 years.Met some mighty fine people up your way.
al glenn

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on August 18, 2013, 07:30:30 AM
Lyle, your our action hero,I'd say your a seasoned sawyer by now judging from the pictures.What are you planning to do for light and heat in the mill.No mill is tight but it sure helps if you can duct some of the warm breeze from the radiator your way in the winter.South facing windows help. Frank C.
Probably gowith T8 lighting and install tem on the walls instead of the ceiling, tohigh of a ceiling to change bulbs..lol And or heat I will probably build a wood stove. The motor itself will trow enough heat while sawing I should be at a comfortable temp. Im hopeing to ge it insulated and sealed up before winter????? Im hving touble getting the rest of my tin up because the helper I had is to lazy to get out of bed. Getting hired help up here is a real problem!!

LAZERDAN

Believe ME It's not just UP THERE.        If you were closer I'd give ya a hand   Lazerdan

lyle niemi

Quote from: LAZERDAN on August 18, 2013, 02:27:48 PM
Believe ME It's not just UP THERE.        If you were closer I'd give ya a hand   Lazerdan
Thats good to know we are not the only ones..lol I spent alot of time making my mill one man friendly, even my lumber yard I changed around this last month to make it easier for one guy to control. Welfare isto easy to get now so ya dont have the access to labor you once did.

bandmiller2

The only guy you can depend on is the one that watches you shave in the morning,and sometimes he comes under question. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

slider

Lyle i bet some of that well casing you have laying around would make a good guard for your over head shaft.We have them on our pumping units .
al glenn

loggah

Lyle, Looking good!!3 years ago when my wife and i came back from our Alaska trip ,I stopped and visited with friends in Hinton ,and Grand Prairie , you live in a great part of Canada !!! i saw a lot of game in both places , and a lot of Timber in Hinton !! it looks like your doing well,happy sawing. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

lyle niemi

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a jockey grinder, dang thing cost about 90 bucks by the time I paid the shipping and broker fee's, but I got it and I think it was a good investment.

I also got most of the tin up, the start of the header for the log deck opening, exhaust hole for the motor and a window in so I can see the sawdust chain..... BUSY WEEK!!

dgdrls

Looking good Lyle,  did you note there are over 23,000 views on this post :o

If you only paid $ 90 for the Jockey grinder where can I get one????

best
DGDrls

lyle niemi

Quote from: dgdrls on August 25, 2013, 08:50:09 PM
Looking good Lyle,  did you note there are over 23,000 views on this post :o

If you only paid $ 90 for the Jockey grinder where can I get one????

best
DGDrls

OOOPPPPSSS that should be 900.. sticky 0

dgdrls

you'll have to get an in-use photo of that grinder for us.

best
DGDrls

lyle niemi

Quote from: dgdrls on August 26, 2013, 06:22:07 AM

best
DGDrls

I havnt used it yet but when I do I will take a few pics, been to busy to saw, trying to get a zillion things done before winter. Last year we had snow on Oct 12 which isnt to far away. Im startin to panic..lol

dblair

a friend who has a sawmill near me uses a Jockey grinder , he can go around a 52 inch blade in what seems like 7 minutes . that's great looking siding for that shed . It might just be a warm winter for you out there milling logs . nice mill .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

dgdrls

Quote from: lyle niemi on August 26, 2013, 09:04:57 AM

best
DGDrls

I havnt used it yet but when I do I will take a few pics, been to busy to saw, trying to get a zillion things done before winter. Last year we had snow on Oct 12 which isnt to far away. Im startin to panic..lol

was going to ask how the farm was running this year,  sounds like normal "full speed ahead" ;)

take care Lyle.

DGD

lyle niemi

Quote from: dblair on August 26, 2013, 09:25:45 AM
a friend who has a sawmill near me uses a Jockey grinder , he can go around a 52 inch blade in what seems like 7 minutes . that's great looking siding for that shed . It might just be a warm winter for you out there milling logs . nice mill .
Thank you dblair, the tin did turn out nice. Im not going to tin the front of the millshed, I want to mix things up a little. I want to make the front look a little sawmilly so Im gonna do the board and batton method. Dont think its gonna be this year tho, just gonna sheet it in with plywwod for now.

lyle niemi

Quote from: dgdrls on August 26, 2013, 06:02:35 PM
Quote from: lyle niemi on August 26, 2013, 09:04:57 AM

best
DGDrls

was going to ask how the farm was running this year,  sounds like normal "full speed ahead" ;)

take care Lyle.

DGD

If I can get the crop off it should be OK..... The weather is real funny this year

lyle niemi

I almost got the millshed closed in, I started to work on the roof for the conveyor belt. If thing go good tomorrow I should have the conveyor roof ready for tin

Thank You Sponsors!