Started by rockman, September 05, 2012, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockman

kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I absolutely cannot stand DALLAS!  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Al_Smith

POSTON WIDEHEAD

thechknhwk

Peter Drouin

the patriots all the way :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

JohnW

Sure, I don't have anything against the GMen.  They always start slow don't they?  Didn't Dallas beat them in their first game last year, too?  Dallas always looks like they can play, then they screw up the end of their season.  Then New York doesn't play good til everybody thinks they're dead.

Kansas

I will follow my routine this year same as past years. I will go over Sunday morning and fire up the heat treatment chamber, and come back home. Then I will watch the Chiefs. I will head over at halftime to see how the batch of skids or whatever is going. If at half time its totally pathetic, which is normal for the Chiefs, I will head to someones house, or go to the office.

Warbird

All I care about is that I have Ahmad Bradshaw and Miles Austin on my fantasy football team.  They combined to get me 32 points.  :)

ps.  But having been born in Dallas, I simply have to yell, "GO COWBOYS!"

redbeard

How many FF members play fantasy football? Romo and Bradshaw made me some money this week so far. I root for Seahawks but its too early too start bragging just yet. Iam looking forward too the Seahawks vs Panthers game!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Kansas

I don't play fantasy football. If you root for the Chiefs, and believe they will actually win, that is fantasy enough for me.

Warbird

LOL Kansas!

redbeard, in the fantasy league I play in, we pay to play and there is a 1st and 2nd prize at the end of the season.

Raider Bill

Just Win Baby!

RAIDER NATION!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

rockman

Boy, The giants are frustrating. Seems they can't/won't win unless it's "do or die", Oh well, lots of football left to be played.

Kevin
Husqvarna 455 rancher

Riggs

Kevin the Giants don't start playing till November, about the time the Cowboys start choking. Maybe my Skins can give them a run this year.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

thechknhwk

Riggs

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I tell ya......there's a lot of skins fans in the Carolinas.  :o

rockman

Quote from: Riggs on September 06, 2012, 06:42:49 PM
Kevin the Giants don't start playing till November, about the time the Cowboys start choking. Maybe my Skins can give them a run this year.

You gave me an Idea, Maybe I should have a calender made with 12 Novembers to send them.  :o
As far as the Skins go, it seems the Giants have trouble beating anyone in thier division.

Kevin
Husqvarna 455 rancher

drobertson

Well, for all who don't know, it is Panther NATION! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

I watch the Seahawks (I know I know but gotta keep the faith) and the Manning boys. And cheer for whoever is playing the Packers.  smiley_horserider
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Warbird

Nice bike, Bill.  I went to a Raiders home game with my 2 brothers and our dad last year.  Some of those folks go quite a bit overboard when backing their team.  :)  Happily, the Raiders won that game.

Woodey

How about them COWBOY'S !

They pulled out a win for Game 1

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

sparky1

as a Badger fan (not a fan of their current coach) Im pulling for seattle, you guys got our quarterback. He was fun to watch last year. Hope he has a good career in the pros. I pull for the packers, but the D is sub par to say the least... Just glad fall is here to see football in general!!!
Shaun J

Raider Bill

Quote from: Warbird on September 08, 2012, 12:18:04 AM
Nice bike, Bill.  I went to a Raiders home game with my 2 brothers and our dad last year.  Some of those folks go quite a bit overboard when backing their team.  :)  Happily, the Raiders won that game.
Thanks! She's my Baby. Last Saturday was her Maiden voyage after a 3 year complete overhaul. Many years ago I rode her from Florida to San Diego for a Raider game which actually there seemed to be more Raider Fans there than Chargers.

I'm glad footballs back! 8)

Raider Bill

Well....

I'm surprised the Bucs won,

Green Bay / 49er"s game was good.

Peyton did well considering although I don't like Denver.

Mike@Norwood

As a Bills fan, I think I'm suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and concussion-like symptoms. And to think after being irrelevant for way too long I thought this season was shaping up to be a good one.

Ok, I'm going back to the basement now.

Riggs

Norwood ML 26

Raider Bill

Quote from: Mike@Norwood on September 10, 2012, 03:14:05 PM
As a Bills fan, I think I'm suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and concussion-like symptoms. And to think after being irrelevant for way too long I thought this season was shaping up to be a good one.

Ok, I'm going back to the basement now.

Your just lucky they didn't Tebow you. ;D

My games tonight maybe I should shutup before I jinx myself.. ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I don't have a comment this week about the "Carolina Whatca Call its"  :-[ :-[ :-[

I liked watching Peyton and Denver. They have John Fox, ex coach from the Panthers. John's a good guy. Denver will probably do good this year.

Raider Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 10, 2012, 04:05:13 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 10, 2012, 04:00:57 PM

Denver will probably do good this year.

Hope not!

I know what you mean but you have to admit, both of them Manning Brothers have a 4th quarter horseshoes under their helmets!  :D

Raider Bill

Roger that, it's the breeding..

Magicman

Those Mannings are Mississippi boys.  Whoever and wherever they are.....I'm rooting for them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Is anyone distraught over the refereeing situation?  I had no idea they were on strike until I questioned all the horrible calls on Sunday!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Warbird on September 10, 2012, 06:14:12 PM
Is anyone distraught over the refereeing situation?  I had no idea they were on strike until I questioned all the horrible calls on Sunday!

Thank goodness for instant replay!  ;D

Raider Bill

I didn't have any problem really with them. Couple blown calls but not a bad job considering. Heck they even have a Female for the first time.  ;D :) That's a tough job. A bazillion people watching you and cameras everywhere.

JohnW

The stand ins seem to do bad in their own way.  Over all, I'd say they're about as good as the regular referees.  With some of the regular referees, it makes me wish somebody'd shove that whistle down their throat.  Then maybe they'd stop blowing it for a little bit.

terry f

Nice bike Raider Bill, sorry about your game. At least you have something to look forward to this season, as a life long Steeler fan, I'm not seeing much. We have the worst coach in NFL history, with a lifetime appointment.

redbeard

NFC west is looking pretty tough. Seahawks pulled off a good win against the boys. 8)
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

JohnW

Quote from: redbeard on September 16, 2012, 07:21:18 PM
NFC west is looking pretty tough. Seahawks pulled off a good win against the boys. 8)

How'd they manage to do that?  By not rushing.  Seems like if you give Romo enough timer, then he's likely to screw up.  But if you try to put pressure on him, he'll dance away and make a quick throw right on the money.  I'll have to watch the highlights.

I see the Colts managed to win with a 54 yard field goal after they screwed up and let the Vicking back in to the game.

Warbird

Yeah, 2 surprises.  I didn't expect either of them to win this week.

Kansas

The Chiefs spent all day running up and down the field. Unfortunately, it was chasing Buffalo's receivers. And then running down the field and covering their own punts. Or trying to.

Warbird

It was a pretty brutal game for the Chiefs today.  Interesting ending to the Bucs and Giants game, too.  Personally, I didn't think what the Bucs did was all that bad.

Riggs

My Skins lost, but who expected the Saints to be 0-2, or the Cardinals to be 2-0  ???

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Riggs

David, I'm getting a kick out of your running commentary under your avitar

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Riggs on September 17, 2012, 01:27:06 PM

I try to cover it all, from Mills to Thrills!  :D

I'm pulling for Denver tonight. Manny should do the job with John Fox coaching. He's always had a horse shoe.....well.......Atlanta needs to lose. That'll put a 3 way tie in our division.

JohnW

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 17, 2012, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Riggs on September 17, 2012, 01:27:06 PM

I try to cover it all, from Mills to Thrills!  :D

I'm pulling for Denver tonight. Manny should do the job with John Fox coaching. He's always had a horse shoe.....well.......Atlanta needs to lose. That'll put a 3 way tie in our division.

That was a big surprise to me.  I hope we don't see any more of that from Denver.

redbeard

I was thinking about going to Monday night football Hawks at home vs Packers. Never been to Monday night game, so I called my buddys that have Season tkts and they have them on ebay hoping to pay for the season tkts. Yikes 500.00 for descent seats. Found some nose bleed seats that are normally 30 or 40 a seat are going for 280.00 you would think it is the super bowl. Iam gonna stay home and watch it on TV. I will really regret not going if Hawks beat the packers.

beenthere

The only way some fans can see their Packers play is to go to another stadium where tickets are at least available.
They draw a crowd.

The Monday night game should be a good game.... depending on who shows up. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wick

Been a Cowboy's fan since youth. Now I pull for the Panthers too since they are local.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Warbird

Quote from: JohnW on September 18, 2012, 11:53:45 PM
That was a big surprise to me.  I hope we don't see any more of that from Denver.

I hope we start seeing some good officiating.  The refereeing in that game was a travesty!

JohnW

Quote from: Warbird on September 19, 2012, 11:09:44 PM
Quote from: JohnW on September 18, 2012, 11:53:45 PM

I hope we start seeing some good officiating.  The refereeing in that game was a travesty!

Agreed.  I wasn't watching really close, but I couldn't help seeing the bad pass interference calls that John Gruden pointed out.  And then they let this whole big fight break out.  I imagine the commissioner will be reviewing that film to see if there aint somebody he can fine or suspend.

Raider Bill

How about them RAIDERS!

terry f

Congrats, Steelers have the worst coach in NFL history, and we will never get rid of him.

Warbird

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 24, 2012, 10:39:59 AM
How about them RAIDERS!

No kidding!  That was a good game.  What's the latest status on Darrius Heyward-Bey?  I couldn't believe the refs didn't call a penalty on that blatant hit.  Scary stuff.  These refs are going to get someone killed or seriously maimed if they don't step it up soon.

Raider Bill

He got released today from the hospital. I bet his ears are still ringing.

Kansas

That was quite a game Sunday for the Chiefs. I really don't think they were that good; it just was that the Saints were worse. How in the world do you kick 6 field goals, and the only touchdown was one 90 yard run by Jamal Charles. Nothing wrong with field goals, but you get down inside the 20, once in awhile you ought to actually score a touchdown.

On the plus side, was seeing Charles back. His production Sunday has only been matched by one other player; James Brown. That is some heady company.

redbeard

What a officiating fiasco in Seattle. Packers got robbed. Too many mistakes. Seahawks did beat them in sacks I think they had 10. At least this should get the pro officials back hopefully by next game.

Left Coast Chris

49ers !!! 8) 8) 8)

They did't show up aganist the Vikes but maybe the loss will get them back to dishing it out again..... :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Warbird

Romo's nickname should sometimes be "Ohno!"

clww

Right! :D I enjoyed seeing those Bears maul the Cowboys last night. 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Mike@Norwood

Thanks to my team, I've been forced to steer clear of this thread. One day the Bills will stop playing Jekyll and Hyde looking good during stretches of a game then having reality set faster than the speed of light.

Why I why do I bother? Either I'm a gluten for punishment or optimism is my downfall. lol

Nevertheless Go Bills  smiley_hanged

Raider Bill

Quote from: Mike@Norwood on October 02, 2012, 10:38:36 AM
Thanks to my team, I've been forced to steer clear of this thread. One day the Bills will stop playing Jekyll and Hyde looking good during stretches of a game then having reality set faster than the speed of light.

Why I why do I bother? Either I'm a gluten for punishment or optimism is my downfall. lol

Same for me just change the team name.....

Warbird

I'm sure Kansas feels the same way about the Chiefs? 

ashes

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on September 25, 2012, 12:59:51 AM
49ers !!! 8) 8) 8)

They did't show up aganist the Vikes but maybe the loss will get them back to dishing it out again..... :) :)

Looking pretty good this year for sure.

Kansas

In what had to be the biggest display of tastelessness, when Matt Cassel, qb of the Chiefs got crunched between two linemen and crumpled to the ground, the Chiefs fans cheered. They had been clamoring for Brady Quinn to replace him. I like Chiefs football, but really. Football isn't that important when a player is laying there with a concussion.

JohnG28

I missed games yesterday but was watching this this morning. One of the OTs for KC was on this morning ranting about the fans, I think he hit it dead on. Ridiculous to cheer for someone's injury. On a different note, I hear a lot of NFC east talk but no Philly, so gotta say go Eagles!
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Mooseherder

There was thuggery on the field for the Cincinatti/Dolphin game well after a few plays were over with.  It was a little sad to see no reaction or calls from the officiating.

Raider Bill

Thuggery! :D :D :D :D

scgargoyle

We've found the key to preventing Buccaneer losses- a bye week! :D :D :D

Anyone watch the game last night? Sure seemed like the officials wanted New Orleans to win at the end....
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Warbird

I have Ryan Matthews (running back for the Chargers) on my Fantasy Football team.  He had a broken collarbone preseason but has been back in for the last couple of games, so I've played him.

My opponent this week has Jackie Battle (another running back for the Chargers).  Battle is the guy who filled in for Matthews and was even listed as the starter for the game yesterday.

Matthews ended up with 139 yards and a TD.  Battle ended up with only 17 yards on 6 carries.  My opponent was complaining and whining about it.  Here was some of our online banter:

Opponent:  this STINKS!!!
Me:  No it doesn't! I was wondering how this epic battle between the 2 RB's would go. Personally, I'm very pleased.
Opponent:  Epic indeed, It will be discussed for ages. I didnt see Battle once.. Apparently he started? My team stinks.
Me:  I guess you could say he... *puts on sunglasses* ...lost the battle. YEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

He hasn't talked to me since.  LOL

ellmoe

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 02, 2012, 11:02:49 AM
Quote from: Mike@Norwood on October 02, 2012, 10:38:36 AM

Same for me just change the team name.....

Jacksonville Jaquars... :'(   nuff said!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

redbeard

Hope the Seahawks put on a show for you all tonite.

beenthere

Gonna watch Wilson do his thing  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

nothing good comes from washington! but i'm kinda pullin for the skins.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Kansas

The Chiefs started a youth movement several years ago. Their record plummeted to 2-14 this year. By the time they get done with the youth movement, they will be retiring. Guess they did fire the GM and the coach. Think it was the GM that upon arrival, insulted one of their true stars, guard Brian Waters, who had come in and asked if there was anything he could do. He was promptly told that they could get 11 guys off the streets and do better than their previous year record, I believe 4-12.

They should have gotten some guys off the streets.

beenthere

red oaks
Pull a little harder, as they a needin your help.

So far, a pretty good game. But RG-3 is hurting.
south central Wisconsin

JohnW

Griffin is hurt now, which is not good since he gave up the ball on the 5.  Cousins might be able to do something for them.  The defense needs a kick in the backside.  They keep giving up these big plays.

redbeard

Russell Wilson came through good job Hawks

sawguy21

Redskins folded after the first quarter. Hawks defense looked suspect at first but then Wilson got his rhythm and everybody clicked. Falcons best be ready, they are in for a fight. Go Hawks GO.
As far as the Colts and Ravens, that was not playoff quality football. If Ravens don't pick it up they are gonna be road kill.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

terry f

Wilson is every bit as good as a healthy RG3, good luck Seattle, and go Denver, since the Steelers folded.

red oaks lumber

i knew it! cant get any kinda win out of washington. :)

Left Coast Chris

49ers Offence showed up...... and akers makes the kick.   Impressive yardage.   Go 9ers.   
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Warbird

I honestly feel like the Denver game was thrown on purpose.  2 blatantly bad calls against the Broncos and they had 1 defensive play where their player appeared to intentionally tank the play.  Resulted in a Raven TD.  I mean, it was blatant.

The 49'ers looked amazingly good against the Packers.  Should be an interesting Championship game.

red oaks lumber

the packers looked extremely terrible against the niners! having said that i do believe the niners are a good team. can they compete? time will tell

Riggs

Some REALLY good games over the weekend.

Norwood ML 26

Jeff

I'm not a San Francisco fan, and Greenbay is always my second after Detroit annually biffs it, but the SF quarterback was fun to watch.  I was sort of rooting for the Broncos, because I wanted to see Manning come back and do well, (I know, there are a lot of Manning Haters out there). 

Now I guess I'll root for the Ravens, as that would be doctorb's team.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

petefrom bearswamp

I put part of the debacle in Denver on John Fox.
Before the half with about  a half minute left and manning at QB and let the clock run out?
At least try a hail mary
Same at the end of Reg.
I dont have a dog in the fight as the G men collapsed after drubbing both the 49ers and packers.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I put 95% of the blame on John Fox for the Broncos losing. John was the Panther's coach and he made some POOR coaching decisions then and it looks like he hasn't changed.

beenthere

The Seattle coach made a bad call when he threw in the "time out" just as the kicker was making his 'missed' field goal. On his second try, he kicked the ball for three points through the goal posts.
Game of gambles. Someone wins and someone has to lose. 
south central Wisconsin

MAI

Great games all weekend.  Some bad calls, bad decisions, that's part of the game.  I think the Niners and Pats will be in the SB.  Unless the Niners can get to Brady, the Pats will probably win.   

petefrom bearswamp

Would love to see the brothers Harbaugh oppose each other in the SB as well as Ray Lewis go out in a blaze of glory.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!