iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So.... I'm back again, and my saw finally died.

Started by SasquatchMan, September 18, 2012, 08:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

Quote from: SasquatchMan on September 28, 2012, 09:28:58 PM
I have no idea, no time, no ability, and no desire to rebuild it.   Because I don't know how to trouble shoot it anyhow, so I'll just as likely fry the new parts.   

I looked at it for about 5 minutes, thought "Huh, I have no clue how to get this thing apart, let alone back together if I did."

If they built chainsaws out of dovetailed hardwood, I bet I could fix it. 

If you have the tools you can do it, i think they have the hole break down on youtube.
Take pictures as you go, once you get started you wouldn't believe how simple it is to put a head an piston on that saw.
One of the main things is to take the bar an chain off, then the rewind, then blow it out real good before disassembly.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Al_Smith

The ability of being able to work on anything is an acquired skill .Nobody was born with the ablity ,you just have to learn it .

Chainsaws aren't that difficult in spite of what some might say but you'll never learn unless you do it .However if you don't have the desire you'll never learn .

Okrafarmer

I used my 290 today. Worked beautiful. Stihl going strong all day long. Ok, I didn't use it all day long, but it worked great, I stihl love it. Almost 7 years later, it's my forever saw.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!