iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebay

Started by Jeff, March 19, 2004, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

We do quite a bit of Ebay stuff.  Sorta runs hot and cold.  Stuff we sell runs from junk to hi dollars.  The boss does all the buying usually Fenton art glass for her collection.  Kathy does the descriptions, packing, and emails.  I do the pictures, computer work, and shipping.

Click on about me, page and it will give a link back to the FF if you dig enough.  Haven't really promoted it much as the web site is not completed.  With Jeff's help I'll get it done some day.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

isawlogs

Jeff....
  You gonna put a link to ebay or ya still debating it  :P  or is it that I didn't seez it  ::) ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

UNCLEBUCK

I found ebay 3 weeks ago and have bought and sold and I am addicted to it ! I look at feedback on the seller and love to browse for heavy construction stuff but I did get myself a nice chess set the other day  :D Its unbelievable what some forklifts and payloaders go for ,I mean nice junky ones ! between ebay and the forum I flip back and forth almost every night !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Mike_P.

I am soliciting some marketing and Ebay advice.  

Jeff and I have been visiting about the possibility of my offering some Rust Reaper product on Ebay.  The goal would be to sell some product, and also to make more folks aware of Rust Reaper. I was thinking of offering a "Handyman's Starter Kit" and, perhaps, another package.

I've bought some things on Ebay ( a hog oiler, old Caterpillar ads, manuals, etc.), but never sold anything.  

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions that you might have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

wiam

I personally like to see clear pictures.

William

Furby

I like to see a couple of good clear pics, a very detailed description on the item, as well as ALL terms including shipping cost up front.
 I really don't like the ones where they say: "email for shipping cost" or "link to shipping cost". This is for within the US, others contries and stuff is an excetion.
Other then that I would think that any way you would normally advertise the product would work great.
For a newer product I would like to have a really good idea of what to use it on, so some pics of it use would as well as the product would be great.
Also, to get more hits, add some names of the competion. Like "Rust Reaper not WD40", or "works better then WD40".

Jeff

I gotta disagree with furbys advice. Promote the product on its own merit. It ticks me off when I see one of those "Not" listings and I wont buy from them.

I would not list the product under simply its name. People are not looking for "rust reaper"  I would list it under its potential uses.

Gun and rifle lube
sawmill and machinery lube tool
old engine disassembly aid
hit and miss disassembly aid\
etc...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wiam

I am with Jeff on the "not" listings.  I won't buy from them.

William

Flurida_BlackCreek

Something along the line of: Have you tried penatrating oil, lubracants etc... etc.. and not been able to blah blah blah... ? Try Rust Reaper.

I'd also try some creative wording to work the word "blaster" "blast" etc.. in there...

If it's as good as everyone touts, you may want to look into the maritime industry, (Ship building) they used to buy a lot of PB.
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

Jeff

Ebay does not allow that many words in a title and only words in the title are searchable. Who is on ebay looking for penetrating lube? Nobody I bet. BUT, People looking on ebay for stuff that they are interested in can discover rust reaper as a product that fits a need.

Flurida_BlackCreek

Well ok then, Jeff_B.

"sawmill and machinery lube tool
old engine disassembly aid
hit and miss disassembly aid\ "

Those sound good, go for it.....
-- cdb

Fla._Deadheader

May as well throw this in. What do you do when you have a complaint with a non shipping seller, and the form for submitting the complaint won't submit it??? Keeps returning to the form, wanting the info you just typed in, over and over and over?????  There is NO contact phone # listed for ebay, that I could ever find ???????
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Anytime we have had a problem we have had no trouble getting the other party's phone number from ebay.

Harold, I wonder if you might be having problems getting places because of your system? I know you mentioned its older. You dont get Java, you cant see movies, perhaps your system does not handle the javascript that is used to pop windows on ebay?

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

Jeff, puter is 3 years old. Has Windows ME, and more software than I can even list.

Our computer Guru was supposed to change to Win2000, 3 months ago, and get rid of all kinds of stuff that I never use. ::) ::)

He always has trouble getting here (1 mile) , but knows who to call when he needs help moving heavy furniture, moving his Mother to a different house (twice), etc, etc. Well, we are supposed to replace the roof on his Mobile Home, and I have all the roof liner rolled up in my garage.

It's nearly the rainy season here, (every day) and guess who's NOT going to be around when it starts raining.  ;) ;) :)

HOW do you get ahold of EBAY ????????????
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Harold, try this. http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

A while back I had my account broken into and taken over by someone overseas. They had put 2 wide screen plasma TV up for auction at 2500.00 each and under my name. I couldn't access my own account as they had changed the password. I couldn't find a way to contact ebay directly so I went to their chat room and found a person with ebay.com as their email address. Told her what had taken place and to please forward it to the dept. that would be able to take care of this. They shut down my site and it took about a month to clear it up.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Teech. If the deadbeat wasn't in Montana, We would take a trip. ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

shopteacher

Well, if you decide to, stop on the way and I'll go with ya. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Flurida_BlackCreek

I don't buy from e-bay I just browse it. That was a good link CK.

I'll second what teach said, as long as you have room for my fishing gear....

---------
Registrant:
eBay, Inc. (EBAY-DOM)
2005 E. Hamilton Ave., Ste. 350
2125 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
US

Domain Name: EBAY.COM

Administrative Contact:
Payable, Accounts (PFZHEBJLGI) hostmaster@ebay.com
2145 E Hamilton
San Jose, CA 95125
US
408 376 7400

Technical Contact:
Master, Host (WZCTOKYPUI) hostmaster@ebay.com
2145 E Hamilton
San Jose, CA 95125
US
408 376 7400
------
-- cdb

BW_Williams

Harold, where about's in Montana?   ;)
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Furby

CK,
That's funny!!!! But..........if that guy's an engineer...........why did he buy it to begin with?  :D :D :D

etat

Don't know about the engineer part but the guy is a marketing genus.  I run across the link prowling another forum for a minute.  Did you see the bid!!  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Frickman

Thanks for the link ck. That auction is a riot. I'm laughing myself silly right now.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Black Creek

Guess who showed up last night, about 4 hours after I posted about my Computer Guru???  He took the machine and worked it over and I got it back at 4PM today ::) ::) ::)

Must have ESP ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

redpowerd

is there another web auctionplace like ebay?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!