iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thoughts on a used mill capable of cutting alot of 20+"diameter hickory.w/knots

Started by chickasawtimber, December 02, 2012, 12:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beavertooth

Down here in southwest ms. hardwood mills that build timber mats are paying $50 to  $60 a ton for any type of hardwood hickory included. 10 inch smallest will take.
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

learner

Chickasaw?  Where are you located?  I'm looking for some Hickory but need to know how far away it is.  You never know, we might be close enough to make it work.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

chickasawtimber

Morning all...maybe I need to get a big smoker made and go into the BBQ bizness....pig is shonuff tasty after slowcooking on hickory...reckon I could lure 30,000 people to my place to eat all the pig I could smoke...?

Every morning needs some lighthearted humour to make the day go better!

No fooling, as I am presently in NC,I can't wait to get down there next week and fire up the woodbox for my smoker, put in a $1.20/ib pork butt for about 8 hours...man what you talking about? thats good eating for poor folk!

Our Turkey for Christmas will be Sundaybefore 25th..on Christmas I am slowsmoking for my extended family, unless deer hunting gets in the way :)

A great day to all o the site.  CT
great thing about a dog, they don't hold grudges.

Thank You Sponsors!