iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Battle of the Bulge - A Weight Loss Journey

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, December 16, 2012, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Great job, keep up the progress and you'll make your goal in no time at all.  :)

OneWithWood

Keep it up BB and you will feel like a new man.   :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SLawyer Dave

Great job.  41 lbs is a lot to lose in that short of time.  I'm still trying to lose too.  I've lost 88 lbs, but it has taken me almost 4 years to do it.  So you are certainly doing something right to have lost that much so quickly.  Keep up the great work.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thanks for all the compliments and support. You folks are great.

I am hoping that not that firewood bundling season is almost upon us that I can loose more weight as we bundle, stack, and deliver the bundles to the customer. Would like to be busy like we were back in 2010 and 2011. 2012 was a dog of a year between the high temps and all the fire bans. Hardly sold any wood at all and certainly did not get much exercise
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Left Coast Chris

Great progress BB!   If you don't mind the asking, how tall are you?

I"m 6'5" and got up to 260. I've cut out most sugar, no snacks between meals especially after dinner and drink fresh vegie juice twice a day.  Also went to 3/4 sized meals but other wise normal meals.   No headaches or cravings and lost 20lbs over the last 4 weeks.  Feels pretty good.   Im thinking I want to get down to 230 which was my high school weight playing sports etc..   I had sore knees and hip and they are alot better with just losing the 20 lbs..

Keep up the good work. 8) 8)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Leigh Family Farm

Congrats so far BB! You're doing great! Be aware that a plateau is coming...thats when you don't seem to be dropping but a pound a week when you normal have been losing 10 pounds a month. Its natural so don't worry about it. All that is happening is that you lost all the water weight and your body is trying to burn through the visceral fat while you build muscle. Muscle is 3x heavier than fat. When you hit this plateau, look at your waist size and hip size. I bet they are still getting smaller.

Keep it up!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

ET

Busybeaver, just found your thread this morning while sitting in my easychair doing nothing because of my hip and back pain related to a fall on ice back in January. Last Friday an MRI says I have a pinched nerve at L5 from a bulged disc. Ya I'm sure maybe my fall did some of the damage but more than likely my weight may have more to do with it.

Your weight loss journey has me thinking more seriously of trying to lose some weight.  I'm 6'3" and weigh 250.  Thanks for sharing your journey as you have inspired me to lose 50 lbs and I bet my bulged disc will be a pain in the past!
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

OlJarhead

Great stuff!  JKeep it up!  and try walking now too!  I started walking at 280 and it was tough...eventually I started my latest weight loss program (self induced) at 276lbs and while it was a tough go I went from struggling a bit on 2 miles to doing 4mph for 4.2 miles regularly now :)

Burns off a nice bunch of calories and allows me to eat a little more on the days i walk too :)  'course I'm down to 248 now though so it's getting a lot easier :)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!