iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whats for dinner tonight?

Started by lynde37avery, January 09, 2013, 08:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinnabar

Roast pork, mashed pototoes, fresh carrots and cucumbers.  Pie and cheesecake later

WDH

Fried catfish (thanks Fishpharmer!), hush puppies, cole slaw, and tea. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bogue Chitto

Banana pudding made with condensed milk. Just got it out of fridge.  :laugh:

Magicman

A small filet medium rare, baked sweet potato, green salad.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Tonight I made bisquits, home cured ham steaks from a hog I slaughtered last week, Diced fried potatoes,and farm fresh eggs. I like breakfast for supper. The ham was great. I have been getting my pork too salty when I cure it and this time I brined it (2 cups tenderquick, 2 cups sugar, water to cover, let soak for 1 week) instead of dusting with tenderquick. I liked it much better. They were huge hams. The hog was 700lbs or better. I figured it would be tough as all get out, but it was surprisingly tender.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

That sounds really good Lee!

I too went to a wet brine instead of the dusting. I also soak mine in ice water changing it a few times. A 700# hog, wow that's huge!

thecfarm

Just my size.   :D  I mentioned pig way back on reply #4.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OlJarhead

We'll start with a nice big leafy salad to prevent me from eating too much of the rest ;) but follow that with a slice of this:

and the main course will be Roasted Pineapple & Habenaro Sauce Meatballs over Rice (tonight's rice will be Black and White rice with Quinoa).

When Costco stopped selling this stuff we just went and made our own ;)

It's not really THAT hot either ;)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

LeeB

When in Singapore, do as the Romans do, or something like that. Singapore chili crab. I lived here as a young boy and have finally, after 43 years, been able to sample a slice of memory again.

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

rooster 58

I had stuffed cabbage and mashed potayoes. made em myself ;D

WDH

Lee, that thing looks hard to eat, but it sure does look tasty!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LeeB

Easy enough to eat, just messy as all get out. I was covered from head to toe but so satisfied. Sometimes reliving a memory has a better flavor than anything else. It was actually pretty much sectioned out and then re-assembled to still look whole. Asian cooks are true artists.

Norm

Lee that looks awesome! I'd have to have a stack of napkins for sure.  :D

I was in Singapore in the early 90's and really enjoyed my stay. Bet it's changed quite a bit since then.

Norm

Last nights dinner was some adult beverages with a good friend...

Then baby back ribs, buttercup squash and grilled asparagus.

Beats sitting home alone on a Saturday night anytime...and if she ever finds this forum I'm going to pay for this.  :D

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doctorb

Whaaaaaa?????  I'm just sayin'....... :) :) :D :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

martyinmi

I burned two nice racks of ribs on the kamado today.
I tried to fast cook them at 275-325* for 3 hours.
Turns out that's too hot and too long.

Gotta say Norm, yours looks delectable! 8)

Bet that food was good too! ;)
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

sawguy21

Norm better hope she doesn't read this.  :D K is building a pot of chili. YUM!!!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

beef ribs  scalloped potatoes peas

Magicman

Fried catfish, grit puppies, baked sweet tater, & green salad.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scottyblue

Soup;bloody soup.I'm sick as a dog.All I can handle is soup.Bloody soup.I'm reading the steak posts.Oh man,that sounds good but all I can hold down is soup,bloody soup.
Scotty

beenthere

Scotty
Doesn't sound good to me.  Whatcha got hold of? or what got hold of you?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on March 09, 2013, 12:39:34 AM
Scotty
Doesn't sound good to me.  Whatcha got hold of? or what got hold of you?

Soup.....bloody, Soup.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ken

Just asked the bride if she wanted to go into town for supper tonight.  She said an all you can chinese buffet sounded good.  Got a premonition that I will be stuffed and happy in a couple of hours. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!