iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Disappointed with Wood-Mizer

Started by Husky, January 10, 2013, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucer

Quote from: hamish on January 11, 2013, 06:55:13 PM
... What I learned, dont' call Woodmizer Canada when you get off work early on a friday afternoon, nor show up at a show on the first day, especially right when it opens, and they aren't set up yet (yet should be!!).  ...

Now don't be painting the whole (Canadian) organization with the same brush. When you call the toll-free number in Canada, you get automatically routed to the distributor nearest you. In my case it's Wood-Mizer Canada West.

Those guys have always been great. Called once on a Saturday morning (when they are closed) hoping to leave a message for an urgently needed part. Marv happened to be in the shop and he got the part off on the bus that afternoon. It arrived Sunday AM.

They do a demo near here every 2 years and I drop by every time. The guys always have time for me. They've pointed me out to people wanting wood custom sawn. They've introduced me to woodlot owners who had logs to sell. If I catch them before they leave the shop, they'll bring along an order and save me the shipping. Last time I called they brought me a 6' extension.

I've not had one complaint about the service from WM Canada (West).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

millstead

All the dealings I have had with Woodmizer have been good when I first bought my mill I called Woodmizer and talked with a man named Doug and he was berry helpful and talked to me about setting up the mill and adjusting it over the first couple weaks I had the mill I talked to him several times and was very impressed with the customer service from Woodmizer

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: Brucer on January 12, 2013, 01:28:40 AM
Quote from: hamish on January 11, 2013, 06:55:13 PM
... What I learned, dont' call Woodmizer Canada when you get off work early on a friday afternoon, nor show up at a show on the first day, especially right when it opens, and they aren't set up yet (yet should be!!).  ...

Now don't be painting the whole (Canadian) organization with the same brush. When you call the toll-free number in Canada, you get automatically routed to the distributor nearest you. In my case it's Wood-Mizer Canada West.

Those guys have always been great. Called once on a Saturday morning (when they are closed) hoping to leave a message for an urgently needed part. Marv happened to be in the shop and he got the part off on the bus that afternoon. It arrived Sunday AM.

They do a demo near here every 2 years and I drop by every time. The guys always have time for me. They've pointed me out to people wanting wood custom sawn. They've introduced me to woodlot owners who had logs to sell. If I catch them before they leave the shop, they'll bring along an order and save me the shipping. Last time I called they brought me a 6' extension.

I've not had one complaint about the service from WM Canada (West).

A big AMEN to that.

I just got done doing the upgrades on my mill and I was probably just about a PIA cause I forgot to take a few pic before I ripped my mill apart. Even though Marv is now retired the attitude and the service of the Salmon Arm store has not diminished one bit. They are awesome and always have time for even the most minor details. Just wish the were a bit closer for me but I have to say if need anything and I get an order in before noon it is at the bus depot the next day.

AND I waste a fair but of their time at Agri Trade every year too. Garry did tell me a few weeks that 2 guys that were looking at other mills bought wood mizer thanks to my help at the booth when they were real busy a couple of times and didn't have enough bodies to keep up to the interest. I told him I'd be happy to help them with the show next year as I used to work the AG shows for about 15 years.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Solomon

I do not own a WM Mill, I have one of their band blade sharpeners and I have to put it out there that the individuals I have spoken with were all very helpful , knowledgable and clearly had a genuine desire to share their knowledgd with me.   They've been solid Gold with me.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Thank You Sponsors!