iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jumping In

Started by Mountain State Farm, January 20, 2013, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster 58

Holy Moly :o Those are some awesome pics there Fishy 8)  We don't have erc in this region so I don't see it utilized that way. Awesome Dude ;)

Dave VH

That looks awesome, please don't show my wife!
I cut it twice and it's still too short

fishpimp

Thanks y'all. I lov my cedar!
Mtn State Farm .
We made our own tenons . Holesaws ,Routers and flappy discs on grinders and some other tools. No high $ specialty tenon cutters here. Oh my it took so long. But the end results were amazing.
I'm still in shock that I made it threw the whole house building process!

Mountain State Farm

Fishpimp,

Amazing is right, I looked at the other pics of your house in your gallery and I'm sure it took awhile.
I think I'm going to steal your live edge cedar tread idea if you don't mind.
That sawdust bug bit me in the ...

m wood

gee whiz fishpimp...saw the first pic and wondered what you were drawknifin' the the cedar for.  Then i saw the other pics and my question was answered.. Id say check out my facebook for furnishing that place but I dare say you got that handled yourself!  nice engineering on the stairs, arent they a blast to build?

mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

fishpimp

Thank ya man. Everybody thought I was crazy or somethin ! Peo

fishpimp

People would stop and ask what I was doin ! Peeled every piece except the banisters. Jus had them milled. Swear I peeled and sanded in my sleep. It was so bad that it made me sick to smell cedar! Hahahaah.
I couldn't hav done wit without my family.... And I gotta give major credit to my builder. Without him my dream house would have never came together. We had a few bumps down the road but the guy is an absolute genius.
Without his methods I would still b scratching my head!

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
fishpimp- DanG! Start a thread about those photos you posted.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

fishpimp

Gonna work on it guys . Gotta dig up some photos

fishpimp

Quote from: m wood on January 23, 2013, 03:22:36 PM
gee whiz fishpimp...saw the first pic and wondered what you were drawknifin' the the cedar for.  Then i saw the other pics and my question was answered.. Id say check out my facebook for furnishing that place but I dare say you got that handled yourself!  nice engineering on the stairs, arent they a blast to build?

mark
Go for it! Most common folks don't get it! Or have no idea! No lov ! Hahaahh

clww

That is THE design I've had in my head for the stairs I want to put in at our cabin. :) :) :) Now I have the pictures to go with it, so will it be OK if I steal your work?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

fishpimp

Quote from: clww on January 23, 2013, 11:23:20 PM
That is THE design I've had in my head for the stairs I want to put in at our cabin. :) :) :) Now I have the pictures to go with it, so will it be OK if I steal your work?
I wouldn't call it stealing to  a fellow wood sawing buddy! Need any help man just fire away.

Mountain State Farm

Trying to figure out this picture thing. Not to bad. Took a few minutes.
Pulled these up yesterday. Nothing fancy but still nice logs. Going to make some popular 2"x6"s for my son's garage.

fishpimp

Them some good looking logs there! Any guess on the bf ?

Mountain State Farm

The third log is about 28" small end and 12'. Should bring a little over 400bf.

Thank You Sponsors!