iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Catching a tresspasser

Started by muddstopper, January 22, 2013, 06:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thurlow

Quote from: easymoney on February 06, 2013, 10:48:37 PM
  another fellow had a new motorcycle he was really proud of. he would always park it at the same place every day. one day someone poured a puddle of oil under it.
Reminds me of a couple of friends from way back when;  one bought a new truck that he was very proud of;  the other would....on occasion....put 2 or 3 sheet-metal-type screws on the floorboard under the pedals;  drove the guy with the new truck crazy.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

james

old friend retired from gm in the 70's said they would to put a empty bottle in side the body panels on new cars on the assembly line
the new owner would bring it in to the dealer to get the rattle fixed
james

Raider Bill

if you let a prank go too far it can cause a lot of problems. a friend of mine said that where he worked another fellow had a new motorcycle he was really proud of. he would always park it at the same place every day. one day someone poured a puddle of oil under it. when the owner saw the oil he would not ride it home he loaded it up on a trailer and took it to the dealer and demanded that they give him a new motorcycle in place of it. my friend should have fessed up before it went that far.

I've done that on occasion, just a few drops from time to time. Drive the guy crazy looking for his leak but the bike wasn't new and he was a wanna be know it all biker.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

muddstopper

Automotive pranks used to be a pretty big thing aroud here. I had a buddy once that was a pretty good mechanic. He loved to catch your car parked somewhere and swap a couple of plug wires just to mess with you. One day, another buddy of mine and I where driving by the local jail and saw his truck setting out side. Of course we couldnt resist so up poped the hood and we swaped the plug wires around. We didnt just swap the wires, but we rerouted them thru their holders so that it wasnt obvious that they had been messed with. A little while later we drove by and he had the hood of the truck up with plumbers butt showing as he sat on top of the motor. We asked him what he was doing and he said he was checking to see if his timing chain had broken. We got him to crank the truck and told him it sounded like he had a plugwire crossed. Being the mechanic he was, no way, he had already checked that. He just looked and saw the wires where in their proper holders, not connected to the right spark plugs. Well, we left him figureing he would figure it out. We drove by a little later and he had the water pump and timeing chaincover off, new timing chain in hand. Well this time we didnt say anything about the crossed plug wires, it was pretty evident he was getting upset. He went ahead and changed the timing chain since he already had it apart. Lots of choice words and threats where throw out to Whoever swapped his wires. My buddy and I didnt tell him we did it for 2 or 3 years later. Dang if he still didnt get mad at us. My ears burn every time I think about it. This isnt the same buddy that was messing with me about the game cameras, but this has gotten me to thinking about the plug wire trick again.

hardtailjohn

another fellow had a new motorcycle he was really proud of. he would always park it at the same place every day. one day someone poured a puddle of oil under it.

I had one ol' greybeard that used to ride with us, and had a really ratty, dirty, oily, beater of an ol' Harley. Every time we'd stop, he'd get out this "grade 70" hardened chain and a huge lock and lock it up....so one day one of the guys waited until he wasn't near it and stole the chain and lock....left the bike and stole the chain.  I'm not sure what he was madder about... the chain being stolen or the bike NOT being stolen! hahaha    We all had a good laugh about that one...even he did after he cooled down a bit!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

tempforce

i had some co-workers mess with my car. plug and coil swap, plus a firecracker and smoke bomb hooked up to my coil... well talk about *pithed..... a few days later i found out who did it...
his dump truck was parked in the parking lot out back of the business. i grabbed some tools and un bolted his shift lever on the side of the transmission, for first and reverse. flipped it 180'. so the rod was  now under the shaft, instead of over the shaft. i replaced the nut and went back to work...

i wasn't around when he went to go for a load of gravel. but to hear it. he kept trying to back up, but the truck kept moving forward toward the building. he kept playing with the shifter, until his bumper was almost touching the building, before he crawled under the truck... and found the shifter changed...    8)     

never had any problems after that....   
cleaning up wildfire damage...
making lumber and siding out of wildfire damaged trees.

Magicman

We had a guy at work that was the typical prankster.  Zip ties on driveshafts, etc.  One day someone filled his defroster with talc and turned the radio wide open.  Between the noise and "smoke" he fell out of the truck like a bomb had gone off.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cypressstump

I once had a project in Albuquerque, New Mexico, it was for a large client, installation of automated conveyance and packaging systems. Most of the electronic components came packaged with the foam peanuts. I parked at the Clients office complex with my company vehicle. Most of my guys had worked together for years on and off. Lots of pranks over the years to be had. One day after lending my vehicle out to a couple coworkers, I was later wrapping up the long day making ready to leave. I was discussing some things with two of the clients management in the parking lot near our cars, when I noticed there was a huge clear plastic bag setting in the front seat,,,, Full of those peanuts. The top of the bag was opened,, I wrapped some electrical tape around the top of the bag in effort to keep the peanuts from spilling out everywhere. Then figured I had it under control.

As I wrestled the bag out from under the steering wheel, etc. the whole freaking bag basically exploded,,,, the guys had stuffed the bag in tight, and afterwards slit the whole bottom of the bag with a knife, out of sight. I picked up peanuts till 9pm that night and still had them windblown across the whole parking area.

The paybacks continued for the duration of that project.. ::)
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Tim Lea

LOL to funny u all are killing me..

clww

I was waiting to hear that the entire van was full of packing peanuts. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!