iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot #6 MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 02, 2013, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Under the right conditions they can reach tree size. Some of the species that grow in Mexico get up to a foot thick.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Jay C. White Cloud

Then I'm guessing you got your hands on Mexican Tree Ocotillo-Fouquieria macdougalii it is loved by the "hummers."  I have seen it in Ramsey Canyon.  Thanks again for the fun and trip down memory lane.  I thought of this several days ago but didn't think it large enough to make wood, until I thought of this subspecies today.

Regards,  jay
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Chuck White

I wonder, is it ocotillo (Fouquieria splendis)?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 07, 2013, 05:57:02 PM
Then I'm guessing you got your hands on Mexican Tree Ocotillo-Fouquieria macdougalii it is loved by the "hummers."  I have seen it in Ramsey Canyon.  Thanks again for the fun and trip down memory lane.  I thought of this several days ago but didn't think it large enough to make wood, until I thought of this subspecies today.

Regards,  jay

Nope, just the regular one. There are really big single trunked ones occasionally.

mesquite buckeye

The photo of the wood has cross sections of the spines. That is the dirty little secret.

You will find the same thing when honey locust overgrows its spines...... ;D

giant splinter

Good job JC ........ Congratulations on winning MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!