iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Partially Stuck rings.Is such a 'jump start' possible

Started by joe_indi, March 21, 2013, 07:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Just as a side note  Lewis Brander used to soak old carb diaphragms in brake fluid to soften them up .

MidWestTree

Joe you do some good work with what you have available, your instincts are obviously top notch in making good decisions when diagnosing a problem.

joe_indi

Quote from: MidWestTree on March 28, 2013, 06:06:53 PM
Joe you do some good work with what you have available, your instincts are obviously top notch in making good decisions when diagnosing a problem.
Quote from: clww on March 25, 2013, 01:56:45 PM
Joe- I think your knowledge shown through your posts is very impressive, too. :)
Quote from: Cedar Savage on March 25, 2013, 10:03:16 PM
I'm with Joe, If it works, it works.

Quote from: Paul_H on March 25, 2013, 10:17:00 AM
Great post Joe and I agree with Beenthere wholeheartedly.
Thank you for the appreciation.
Back to the subject:
Another alternative cleaning method(more of a preventive) that I found very effective is making a mixture of equal quantities of two stroke oil and PU Thinner (Polyurethane). Adding 2% of this mixture to your fuel helps to clean out the engine and prevent down times due to fouled crankcases.
I have been using this mixture for nearly 10 years and a saw is yet to show any ill effects.
This mixture is so effective that I also use it in my cars (Diesel and gasoline engined) at 3% to the fuel.It cleans out the injectors and fuel lines over a period of time.I found the effect more in my diesel cars, in the one with indirect injection (no turbo) and the CRDI with turbo.
Joe

clww

How often is this added to the gas tank to run through the saw?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

joe_indi

Quote from: clww on April 10, 2013, 09:04:52 AM
How often is this added to the gas tank to run through the saw?
Well, it depends on how fast the insides are getting coated with resin or gum.
Such saws I ask my customers to run with at least one tankful of 'laced' gas.
But, those are for those extreme condition saws that run 8am to 6pm 7 days a week.
A tank a month would be more like it for normal saws.
My cars get the treatment once in every two months.
Joe

Thank You Sponsors!