iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Join the Kneel Diamond Fan Club!

Started by abo4ster, April 09, 2013, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abo4ster

Sweet Caroline... Bohm, Bohm, Bohmmmm.... Good times never seemed so good...

Wait, that's Neil Diamond.  I am talking about Kneel Diamond!

Wish I could remember the name of the fellow that taught me this trick.  I am almost certain he was on the BOSS staff.

Very simply, to increase the oxygen to your campfire, make a diamond shape with your index finger and thumbs, hold up to your lips, and blow.  This is usually done when kneeling, hence...  Kneel Diamond.

So easy a child can do it!

Your breath will be concentrated and you will have some directional control, so you can do this from a greater distance than just blowing normally.

Distance slightly exaggerated!

beenthere

Is that you kneeling in the picture?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Whoever is in the picture probably has no idea who Neil is.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

abo4ster

Actually that is my 9 year old son.  He is well on his way to being a pretty good woodsman too.  Just after he turned 8 he could go to most forest types in north Georgia and safely start and maintain a fire on his own using just a metal match and the natural materials he found and prepared.

And the funny thing is, he does know both Kneel and Neil Diamond.  The kid is an old soul with everything from Jimi Hendrix to Don Mclean to Balsam Range (blue grass) on his playlist.  He fell asleep the other day with headphones on... totally zonked out.  I gently lifted them off his head... Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb.  Loves watching old episodes of Grizzly Adams on YouTube too.  The kid is a hoot!

Thank You Sponsors!