The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: Sunday business  (Read 2775 times)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Share Post
    • Whittaker Farms
Re: Sunday business
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2004, 07:27:58 PM »
It doesn't matter to me.  If someone stops on a Sunday and wants to buy hay I'm happy to take their money in exchange.  Since I work Monday thru Friday days away from the farm, evenings and weekends are usually when business is done around here.  I don't like to be disturbed before 10 AM on a Sunday morning or any other in mid January when it's 10 below but any other time is OK.  When there's work or business to be done we do it.  One time Grandpa loaned a hay wagon for use in the Lumberjack Fest. Parade on a Saturday under the condition that it was back by Sunday morning as there was hay to bale Sunday.  The guy who borrowed the wagon just couldn't believe that we worked on Sunday ::)  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Offline J_T

• Senior Member x2
  • Some of anything beats all of nothing Even in Dukedom Tn
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 09:19:12 PM »
Norm one them old sechion harrows upside down in that ditch with a little straw over it and you don't got to say a word ;D Frickman tell them you spend your sundays tacking up colections and you sure glad they showed up .
Jim Holloway

Offline Frank_Pender

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 06:00:00 AM »
Weekends around here are my most productive of income.  I have a great number of rubber-necks and more likely than not I get them to open there pocketbooks and share the contents. ;D

Had a couple walking down the road from a neighbors house they were setting and ended up a very good customer.  They did ask if I was open for business as it was 7:30 in the evening and was tootling around on the gator finishing up some odds and ends before supper.

Frank Pender

Offline Jason_WI

• He who dies with the most toys wins.
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2004, 11:16:32 PM »
It's been a while since I had a day off. I work my regular 40 hour job. After work I usually help my friend in his woodshop for a few hours every night. On weekends I help my dad on the dairy farm which is 100 miles away. This is where my mill is so any free time is spent sawing or plaining lumber. I get three weeks paid vacation and all that is spent on the farm. All my coworker's think I'm crazy to help my dad on the farm and use all my vacation up for nothing. They don't say too much when I tell them I sold a half a pickup truck load of hardwood lumber for $750. That nothing always seems to pay off....

Even as a kid on the farm we always worked 7 days a week. Never seem to ever catch up...... Too many irons in the fire....

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Offline J_T

• Senior Member x2
  • Some of anything beats all of nothing Even in Dukedom Tn
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2004, 09:51:42 AM »
When you are helping your Dad to me that would be the best time spent even without the money . Enjoy wile you can 8)
Jim Holloway

Offline rebocardo

• Senior Member x2
  • Atlanta GA
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2004, 10:47:22 AM »
I do not work on Saturdays at all. Not my stuff, not your stuff, a sabbath. I will help a neighbor fix a broken car in the middle of the road and kids fix their bike tires, since it is like helping a fallen horse.

But, as for regular work, if it needs two days of work to fix your car or whatever, better get it here Thu 8:00am because once the sun goes down Friday night, that is it.

I would just put up a sign that says "Do Not Disturb on Sat./Sun" or 'God worked six days and rested the seventh and so do I" then a 'Beware of Dog" sign underneath it.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is this allowed on a Sunday

Started by lyle niemi on Sawmills and Milling

51 Replies
Last post December 04, 2020, 06:16:52 AM
by kelLOGg
xx
Sunday drive

Started by Paul_H on The Outdoor Board

15 Replies
Last post June 27, 2006, 05:56:12 AM
by SwampDonkey