iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solo chainsaw need help

Started by jocco, May 12, 2013, 10:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocco

I am repairing a newer 656 i put an ad up for the wanted section. If anyone can point me to a parts supply or stocking dealer many thanks. :)
You may check out but you will never leave

sharkey

If there isnt a stocking dealer in your area, your only option is going through the Newport News, Virginia - parts depot.  If its a newer saw, they should be able to fix you up directly as long as you can complete the work yourself.  If its warranty work or warranty parts replacement I think your gonna find that your on your own.  Here is their contact info;
Telephone;757-245-4228
Email; http://www.solousa.com/contact_form.htm

jocco

My understanding is Solo pulled out of USA and does not support the small engine line!! :o

DDDfarmer

Got tired of fixing my solo then went a bought a husky ;D
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

jocco

What happend to it???

Quote from: DDDfarmer on May 14, 2013, 11:13:45 PM
Got tired of fixing my solo then went a bought a husky ;D

jocco

I did call them and looks like they many have parts :)

Quote from: sharkey on May 13, 2013, 08:00:32 PM
If there isnt a stocking dealer in your area, your only option is going through the Newport News, Virginia - parts depot.  If its a newer saw, they should be able to fix you up directly as long as you can complete the work yourself.  If its warranty work or warranty parts replacement I think your gonna find that your on your own.  Here is their contact info;
Telephone;757-245-4228
Email; http://www.solousa.com/contact_form.htm

DDDfarmer

Mine was the 656 also.  The intake came loose one day on the original saw.  WOW did that saw ever run fast and cut like crazy, turning it off was a problem tho :D. 

Was given a complete new power unit under warrenty. New motor ran fine for couple months. 

I like to check everything over/ give a good cleaning as per owners manual ;D.  Plus I knew to look for those intake bolts as I was told it was very common on the 656. 

Try as I might with locktight and some silicone, bolts are forever coming loose. Hard to start and runs like  :-X now.  Had a look into the cylinder, all scored up same with the piston. I am very picky about the gas and cleanliness of that stuff.  Might run the crap out of it but I always let the saws warm up a little on a very cold day.  I think if I run them rough my buddies saws should only last a month or so  ::)

I gave up on it, stole the bar and chain for the 55.  Motor is still just sitting there almost two years now....

Was a nicer saw to run than the old 55
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

jocco

Thank You Sponsors!