iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C5d steering pins and bushings how do you get them out?

Started by logman81, June 05, 2013, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Thanks ill post some pics once I get started and during the process.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Got to the power washing part this morning, what a mess! Must have removed about 100 lbs of old grease and dirt from it. Now it's spotless. Now just waiting for the parts.

David-L

logman81, good luck, I found a 1978 225 detroit power with the heavy axles and planetaries which were usually in the 230E and 350,380,etc. They must have ordered it that way from the factory I guess and by the looks I would say it has 3 to 5k original hrs. Love the duetz but this one still has the nubs on the peddles. Not cutting wood these days just getting ready to start my annual five thousand bales of square hay, that starts tomorrow. good luck with your project. Will be in Matunuck around the 5th for a few days,maybe hook up to see your skidder.

David
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

Sounds good David-L, good luck with the new to you skidder. Tough to fined one that isn't beat and when you do fined one they usually what big bucks.

logman81

Got the new pins and bushings today, now I have to fined the time to fix it.

logman81

Just thought I'd share my progress with you. So far I have managed to get the front bracket for the cylinder out of the machine it was bolted in. This was a nice surprise because now I will have a much easier access for boring the holes perfectly. Also made up some weldments out of 2" DOM stock. Actually had to machine a little off the inside of the DOM to get the pins through them but nice tight fit now. All is going very well so far and with any luck it should be up and running this Thursday headed for its next job. Pics to follow!

logman81

Success at last! Got the mag drill and annular cutter today and drill new holes. Does a real nice job! Next I will weld in the new weldments that I made and then I can reinstall the cylinder with new pins and it will be like brand new. Even repined the blade and steering controls no more play!

mad murdock

It is always nice when. Plan comes together! Going to feel like new now 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Yes it will that is the idea. Fix a little at a time and before you know it everything will be fixed and be like a new machine. It's paid for and I own it so I might as well fix the old girl up and keep her.

logman81

A happy ending at last! Skidder is all fixed and nice and tight. Now it can go on a new job for next week. Thanks for all your help guys!

mad murdock

Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Thank You Sponsors!