iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Telephone pole plant

Started by redbeard, August 15, 2013, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

A customer had been bringing me some cut offs from this pole plant. Nice peeled butts and tops with good size to them. I might be making a deal on some of these in the pics some 12'-16' pile. Centers are bad on some of the 30" WRC . I will update with pics of there peeler operation at end of month. If they give me a tour hopefully. These poles get shipped back east New York area I think.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ND rancher

Looks interesting! What are the plans for the wood?
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

bandmiller2

Red,sounds like you may be heading for some good prepared logs.They are more or less a waste product for the pole wrangler but gold for you. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

redbeard

The short ones the customer brought I think he is making bench and tables, they were 6' n 7' logs. These poles are not treated yet.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

drobertson

Nice work Red, glad it is working for you man,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!