iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Redecking a snowmobile trailer???

Started by Woodhauler, August 26, 2013, 04:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Any good ideas on what to use? Marine grade plywood costs big money, pressure treated reactes with aluminum,So what next???
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Yoopersaw

I'd go with the marine plywood.  I've also known a few people that used Eastern Hemlock that seems to work okay.

sprucebunny

I'd stick that 'ice&water shield' roofing stuff to the trailer frame or strips of hard plastic and then use pressure treated plywood. I guess you could stick the bitc#ethane to the plywood, instead.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

chevytaHOE5674

If your using it as a snowmobile trailer on winter roads then about the only good option is marine plywood.

Chuck White

If available, I'd use some Locust, it's rot resistant and it's tough too!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

jdtuttle

Have a great day

giant splinter

Cottonwood makes a great trailer deck if it will work out for your plans, it holds fasteners well, is light weight when dry and very dense as well as inexpensive.
roll with it

drobertson

does it have to be wood?   I'm thinking an expanded metal floor to allow drips and drainage, not familiar with your machines, just wondering,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WmFritz

David, the biggest problem with expanded metal is that all the slush from the road would be thrown up on the sleds. Road salt does a number on aluminum, especially clutches.

Woodhauler, is this trailer open or enclosed?
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

Yea I was thinking that after I wrote, in this case if the marine plywood is to pricey I would try to use a white oak floor, only because its plentiful around here,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodhauler

Its going to be marine grade plywood. I thought about advantech but talked myself outt of it!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

WmFritz

I believe I've got advantech flooring in my enclosed snowmobile trailer. Seems to me it had a 15 year warranty on it. I've never priced a sheet of it.

On the other hand, my 2001 two place open trailer still has the original marine plywood deck on it and it has lived outside in the elements for the last dozen years.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Dave Shepard

I read the title as "Rednecking a snowmobile trailer???". That would certainly open up your options some. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!