Sponsors:

Arboristsite Hacked

Started by sharkey, September 10, 2013, 06:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

half_full

Quote from: tlandrum on October 29, 2013, 07:59:21 PM
i figured it would end up coming to a head and losing it all. when all the data is lost it ill end up going away and whithering just like racesaws did.
That's rather sad considering all the good information that will be lost. I used to weed though many pages of banter to get a few tips on saw fixes. I'm sure we can find the info on other sites. But I found alot on AS. I'll continue searching this site and any others. As others will too. Carry on...

HolmenTree

I added the historic Art Martin thread to my favorites in it's entirety and I still have it on file.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: half_full on October 31, 2013, 12:24:32 AM
Quote from: tlandrum on October 29, 2013, 07:59:21 PM
i figured it would end up coming to a head and losing it all. when all the data is lost it ill end up going away and whithering just like racesaws did.
That's rather sad considering all the good information that will be lost. I used to weed though many pages of banter to get a few tips on saw fixes. I'm sure we can find the info on other sites. But I found alot on AS. I'll continue searching this site and any others. As others will too. Carry on...

I'm equally sure that won't always be the case - and then some... ;)
Information collector.

z71mike

TreePointer

So this is where you all are.  Any beers left in the cooler?

Saw Dr.

Anyone know how to get ahold of Spike60 from over there?  Drop me a pm if you do.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

Jeff

I've deleted the last two posts. It would serve everyone well if you are new, to read the rules for posting on the forum. There is a link at the bottom.  We do not allow the posting of personal contact information on the forum unless it is your own, and I don't think that is a very wise thing to do in it's own right.  If you need to share contact information with another member, use the personal message system. That way the information stays private and there are no grey areas about your liabilities when you post someone else's information.  Believe me, some people do not appreciate it one little bit and will start throwing around the L word if they find someone has done it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

67L36Driver

Over 40 old magnesium runners.  Plei Trapp Valley Duck!!! Club.

z71mike

CSeal

Howdy. Arboristsite refugee formerly known as Wheelman here. Im happy to see familiar faces around here, and looking forward to getting to know some new ones.

motard

Art Martin,

a Gentleman and a Scholar.

I spent a few hours reading that thread. I truly feel blessed to have even been able to read it.

RIP Art

Hugenpoet

Another AS refugee checking in. Have not had the opportunity to look around much, but The Forestry Forum seems like a real good deal to me. Looking forward to becoming a part of this community. Thanks to the admin for granting me access.

SawTroll

Quote from: Hugenpoet on November 01, 2013, 09:12:40 AM
Another AS refugee checking in. Have not had the opportunity to look around much, but The Forestry Forum seems like a real good deal to me. Looking forward to becoming a part of this community. Thanks to the admin for granting me access.

Welcome my friend!  :) ;D
Information collector.

Hugenpoet

Good morning Niko, great to see a true "old friend".

JOE.G

I see some of you are using different names on this forum, hard to tell who is who now, A like buton would be a nice addition here.
Husqvarna 562XP Woods Ported .025 pop up MM
Husqvarna Rancher 55 2005
Husqvarna 450 Anniversary Edition 2010
STIHL 009 1998
STIHL HT 131 Pole Saw 2012
STIHL FS 110 R Trimmer 2010
STIHL BR 600 Magnum Blower 2012

tlandrum

Quote from: CSeal on October 31, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
Howdy. Arboristsite refugee formerly known as Wheelman here. Im happy to see familiar faces around here, and looking forward to getting to know some new ones.

had not seen nor heard from you in a while.  glad your still kicken. hows the logging going up your way?
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

UlsterGrizzly

I'm another Fugee from the AS site. A real shame  :( as I always used it when researching anything to do with chainsaws (mainly as a lurker !!). It had a mindboggling amount of info on every conceivable type of saw !!

ktoom

Via facebook, Darren says the site should be back up today. Keep your fingers crossed lol

sharkey

Yep, No forum but linkbucks is still up, just checked.  Must be amateur hour over there? 

ReggieT

Quote from: Saw Dr. on October 31, 2013, 07:48:17 AM
Anyone know how to get ahold of Spike60 from over there?  Drop me a pm if you do.
He's on here as SPIKE60...he just gave me some good info on saws.

ReggieT

Quote from: SawTroll on November 01, 2013, 09:27:59 AM
Quote from: Hugenpoet on November 01, 2013, 09:12:40 AM

Welcome my friend!  :) ;D
Hey Saw Troll!!!! smiley_clapping

flashhole

I too am an AS refugee.  I'm seeking asylum here on the forum.  This must be how the Boat People felt.
Remember - Always have your Democrats spayed or neutered - Anne Coulter

ReggieT

Is the AS officially done or what?

Jeff

As of about 4 hours ago, Darin had announced that the website would be up today, but not to try and access it yet, as the domain name was still pointing at the old server. He must have got a new server and has been setting everything up and testing on it before they move the domain name to make it go live. He said that that he thought they only lost a couple weeks worth of data.

Hope things go as planned for him.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!