iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arboristsite Hacked

Started by sharkey, September 10, 2013, 06:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

I never have been to AS and don't know Darin or anything about him. I see a lot of Darin bashing going on over his as of yet unsuccessful attempts to get that site going again. I wonder if any of you that are beating him up over it can do any better, and if you can, why not help the man out?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Icehouse

Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

FWPT

Howdy all!!! How about some nice build threads or some other interesting saw info...... kinda jonesing after one of my favorite forums has been comprimised.   Nice site here btw!!!!  Glad to see some familiar members!
Husky 42 special ported(screamer)
husky 372xp xt muff modded

Icehouse

Quote from: FWPT on November 02, 2013, 06:41:54 PM
Howdy all!!! How about some nice build threads or some other interesting saw info...... kinda jonesing after one of my favorite forums has been comprimised.   Nice site here btw!!!!  Glad to see some familiar members!

Welcome aboard think you'll like it here, a saw build thread would be fun

Jeff

So this is what we get for being as welcoming as possible in a bad situation for you guys?  I don't even know who this is yet, but I'm sure he probably has posted on this topic. 

PayPal
Hello,

This email confirms that you have received a donation of$0.01 USD from Jeff Sug*s(jsu*gs@********.net). You can view the transaction details online.

Donation Details
Total amount:      $0.01 USD
Currency:      U.S. Dollars
Confirmation number:      ***********************
Purpose:      Forestry Forum Support
Contributor:      Jeff Su**s
Message:      That's about all you're worth. I get the last laugh.

Mailing Information:
Address      Jeff Su**s
6806 **************** Rd.
Marshville, NC 28103
United States
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

treeslayer2003

i'm sorry Jeff. we are not all like that guy.

Icehouse

That's really low and childish, really not even worth the effort!!

thecfarm

We don't need members like that.He would not of lasted long anyways.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mac 6-10

How nice of the guy to leave his home address so you know where to send the flaming bag of dog poo!
McCulloch Super 6-10 Automatic
McCulloch 10-10 Automatic
Poulan 4200
Echo CS-400

Did the Lord say that machines ought to take the place of living, then whats a substitute for bread and beans? Do engines get rewarded for their steam? Johnny Cash, Legend of John Henry's Hammer.

Jeff

I'm guessing he was one of  the recent bans from the site. There have been more bans in the last week than in the last year. The paypal email address is different than any used to register, so I really don't know which user name he is. I'm sure someone does. Quite a guy eh?

Jeff

Joe Kidd  It's kinda funny what his real name looks like when you replace two letters with two Asterisks.  ;D

SawTroll

Quote from: Jeff on November 02, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
I'm guessing he was one of  the recent bans from the site. There have been more bans in the last week than in the last year. The paypal email address is different than any used to register, so I really don't know which user name he is. I'm sure someone does. Quite a guy eh?

Yes, stellar!  ::)
Information collector.

gologit

95% of the people on AS are great.  The other 5%...they're like a bunch of whiny little kids who pout and throw tantrums when they don't get their way.   They're not needed and definitely not wanted.
Semi-retired...life is good.

Jeff

clearly we would like to meet more of the 95% and less of the 5.   exSW   has decided he thinks this is all fun and games, and now is added to the ban list. Any more want to leave right now?   I'm sick of this crap. I don't have time for it.  We had a dear dear friend die yesterday, I have an old dog here that is in his last days that I am caring for as well as other issues that just have taken all the patience right out of me. I've had enough.  If you don't like it here, I never asked you to come. If you do like it here, we welcome you and appreciate you.

CSeal

Well said Jeff. I am really sorry to hear about the troubles you are dealing with right now.

SawTroll

Quote from: gologit on November 02, 2013, 10:02:45 PM
95% of the people on AS are great.  The other 5%...they're like a bunch of whiny little kids who pout and throw tantrums when they don't get their way.   They're not needed and definitely not wanted.

I believe the ratio is closer to 99:1, but I never really counted.... ;D
Information collector.

motard

Spike60

I was going to stay away from this thread but...........

I'm a member of 4 or 5 sites, and have been here a while. They are all a little different; each site having it's own personality so to speak. Jeff runs a little tighter ship with standards that are higher than the other sites. It's definitely a more family oriented site and the bottom line is that everyone has to act like an adult here. The crap that's tolerated on other sites isn't welcome here. That's the rules guys. If you can't handle it, then go to the one other site that pretty much has no rules at all. (can't find a better example of a reason of why there must in fact BE rules than that site IMO) It's not cool to come here with a crashing the party mentality and then start complaining about being held to long established standards.

Looking at it another way, it's like visiting someone's house and having respect for the people who live there. You and a buddy might visit a guy at his workshop, have a few beers, and a few laughs. But you might also visit a friends home with your wife and you wouldn't track mud in the house and be loud and obnoxious.

So, you need to have respect for the way things are done here at FF. There's other places to play if you can't handle the rules. But complaing about them and busting Jeff's butt is simply a low class thing to do.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Al_Smith

I kind of echo the previous post.I will add often it's not what is said but more so often how it's said .

I doubt seriously if there are too many people on the face of this earth that have as great of knowledge about the usage of the profane as myself .However there is a time and place and obviously this forum  is not one of them . ;)

motard

Well said,

This place is a wealth of knowledge, not just about chainsaws, but milling and forestry.

The milling is why I came here a few years back. It is refreshing to read about other things than the newest greatest porters of all time.

I get so tired of the term "ported" it is as if every saw that someone took a dremil to is now all that. It's like saying it's "painted" Y'all know there are good paint jobs and well you know. I salute Jeff for standing his ground, after all this IS his house.

jwilly3879

I have been a member of both FF and AS for awhile and enjoy both of them. No problem with Jeff's rules, anyone in my family can read the posts without being offended and learn about what we do. A few years ago my granddaughter asked "why do people swear when they are working with tools?" Made me more aware.

thomas1

All sites have their good and bad points. Childish and petty behavior can come from members and moderators.

Respect is a two way street, everyone would do well to remember that.

Jeff

Excuse me?  Respect is something that must be earned. The admins and moderators of this website did that years ago. Period. I am at the point of ZERO tolerance. Everyone would do well to remember THAT.

Saw Dr.

Where is the "face-palm" smiley? 

Sorry you are having to deal with this, Jeff.  When the AS mass-banning happens, how do I stay on the good guy list?
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

thecfarm

Saw Dr,many people have been a member on here and post regular. Be polite,no swearing,no name calling,respect was mentioned,act like you are in Jeff's or mine living room with my young Grandkids there and my wife. And help out members.I think it's a very simple thing to do. You can be around for many years,if you want to be. And by the way,I think that almost any ban come first with at least ONE warning.It's how this warning is taken is up to that person.They can come back bumping thier gums about how it does not matter and that's just the way they talk and so on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!