iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Auto Clutch

Started by Magicman, October 23, 2013, 02:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I guess that it is "bout time for the ole man to start reaching for the sky and waving at no one.   ;D  That is what I have been told that I will do and with 12 years of manual clutching, they are probably right.

I read through the instruction manual twice before I began so everything was at least familiar when I began.  All of the wiring was pre-installed and stored just as WM said it was.

The clutch handle is 'bout to go.   :o

The old turnbuckles are gone and now it is time to add the new addition.

All of the wiring is completed and the new turnbuckles are adjusted.

A new switch occupies the lower left corner of the control panel.

That funny looking new box makes my old paint look.........well salmon.   :-\

I am now anxious to start waving with my right arm.   ;D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wwsjr

Having run both "pull the lever" and "flip the switch" I predict you are going to like the switch. Maybe either the Autoclutch or the mill needs touch up paint.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WoodenHead

Congrats!  Your arm/shoulder will thank you for it.   :)

It's a great feature.  I don't regret adding auto clutch.

beenthere

Now, how many times will you reach for that lever and find it "ain't" there anymore.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Awe man, I'll get left thumb cramps.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Now you will feel more like arm wrestling Pat in the evening. bg

sealark37

And you thought that you weren't a real mechanic!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

fishpimp

Majic man will b texting next hahaha !
I'm sure u will love that switch!
Hav u always had accuset?

woodmills1

congrats and good job

I have done so much right hand work I now need a left hand pull clutch to put that side of me back in shape :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

Quote from: fishpimp on October 23, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
Majic man will b texting next hahaha !
Oh no I will not.  I am "text free".   :)
Quote from: fishpimp on October 23, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
Hav u always had accuset? 
That is a SetWorks.  I guess that it is the first computer unit that WM used.  I understand that there are no replacement parts, but I replaced everything when parts were available and mine started doing bad things.  Hopefully it will never croak.

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on October 23, 2013, 02:48:39 PM
I guess that it is "bout time for the ole man to start reaching for the sky and waving at no one.   ;D  That is what I have been told that I will do and with 12 years of manual clutching, they are probably right. ...

Let's see -- 3 months running someone else's mill, then 18 months running my two before I put the autoclutch on. After that it took about 6 weeks before I stopped waving :D.

I just had to replace the switch on my A/C, after 2000 hours. Other than that it's been problem-free.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Magicman

I was mentally going through the procedure last night.  After 12 years and over 7K hours, my hands and fingers were (are) almost robotic.  This ole dog will have to learn a new trick.   smiley_headscratch smiley_dizzy

moosehunter

MM, what is the switch in the upper right "Fast Forward" for? My super does not have that switch. Does it fast forward to the end of the day? Or move the mill head forward fast?
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Ga Mtn Man

Congrats on the upgrade MM.  Perhaps WM should sell an Ole Dog Auto Clutch Retrofit Kit...a dummy clutch lever with a switch at the end. :laugh:

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Now that would work Paul.  You win the prize.   smiley_thumbsup

Magicman

Quote from: moosehunter on October 24, 2013, 03:29:58 PM
MM, what is the switch in the upper right "Fast Forward" for? My super does not have that switch...... Or move the mill head forward fast? 
Your second guess was correct.  It takes me to the back of the sawmill without touching the potentiometer.  LINK

You do have to read on to Reply #22 because the center potentiometer does have to be cut and wired directly to the fast forward switch.

All that I have to do is move the power feed lever forward and press the FF switch to zip me to the back of the sawmill.  I use it many many times during a day's sawing.  I also never forget to "unwind" the potentiometer and crash into the log end.   :-\    :D

Thank You Sponsors!