iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plastic Cross Ties

Started by JMoore, October 30, 2013, 05:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoore

I don't know if this is old news already dicussed here,but today in Central Florida I saw plastic looking cross ties being laid. I do not know if this is a trial to see if they are better or something special or what? I just thought maybe some of you cross tie fellas might know.   

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I always knew that those fake Christmas trees were a bad thing and now look at what has happened.  Plastic seeds have spread and now the plastic trees are being harvested and sawed into ties.

I hope that the Halloween fake corn stalks do not get out of control and they start making plastic GRITS.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 30, 2013, 06:19:22 PM
......... and they start making plastic GRITS.   :o

Yo betta watch yo mouff Willies!

JohnM

Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

JMoore

Thanks Poston so i guess its old news , kinda freaked me out I know alot of good folks make a living sawing them up. Grits are GOOD!! can't food eat fish or bacon without them!! food6

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JMoore on October 30, 2013, 07:52:06 PM
Thanks Poston so i guess its old news , kinda freaked me out I know alot of good folks make a living sawing them up. Grits are GOOD!! can't food eat fish or bacon without them!! food6

JMoore......you don't have to thank me. :D I know ZIP - 0 about the Tie business. ;D When I read your question, I just Googled it.  :)
It is a shame though that wood is playing second fiddle to composite. >:(

thecfarm

I have only ate grits once in all of the meals I have had in 52 years. So I am proof that it can be done and mighty easy too.  ;D
I went to a Denny's with the Granddaughter,the waiter mentioned grits,homefries or hash brown.I told him if he wanted a tip,he better not mention that first word again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

I think it was the "How its made" show that detailed them making those plastic ties from recycled plastic. I don't think we have much to worry about for a long time as the cost has to be high and theirs a big demand for that same recycled material for textiles. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!