iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Day in the Swamp

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 20, 2004, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

It would be great to see you all together in one place.  I would even eat some grits! :D

The conference ends Oct 27, generally around noon.  I will IM you and the others as time gets closer to see what we might set up.   8) 8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

I can see it now on the Logging Channel on DirecTV
or Dish Network

The Log Hunter starring Fla Deadheader   8)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Stan

I ain't much of a tv camera man, but I kin drive a boat pretty good. What's the pay?  :)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Fla._Deadheader

We pay strictly on commission. IF we get the gig, everyone gets a %. ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Rocky_J

Quote We are North of Orlando, about 40 miles or so.
So, you aren't in Vero Beach any more? Vero is about 150 miles South down the Eastern coast. If I drive 40 miles north of Orlando I'd be near Crescent City (West of Daytona Beach). I have an old friend who used to live in Pomona Park.  :)

Fla._Deadheader

Rocky, we WORK in Georgetown, but, LIVE in Vero. Some day, ya gotta make the drive and ride the Logging Barge. ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Rocky_J

Kin ah bring mah fishin' gear? Looks like excellent bass waters. What kinda food ya got? gotta know what's on tha menu!
 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Whatever ya catch, is what's on the menu. ;D

We got a nice Burger Joint right down the road. :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

OWW, I sure hope we can work out a meet. Another "Shenanigan" at Harold's camp would be good, or I'd love to have you and your Bride stop off at my place. I'm always anxious to meet other FF folks. We'll talk more when the time nears. :) 8) :) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

:D :D ;D

I also enjoyed the story and pictures of you guys playin on the swamp. ;D. Fla_D your just like someone I knew with all kinds of ideas of his own, plus lotsa ideas from others to make his millions. All put together would keep ya just a little behind. :D ;D  ::)

keep churnin out them stories ;)

Reminds me of a time some city slickers where gonna come here and make their fortune fur trapping. Had the land all bought for a house, but once reality set in they was sellin the lot back and never returned. bahahha :D :D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stan

Sounds more'n fair to me, I was afraid you were gonna make me pay you.  :D
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

OneWithWood

DanG, and others, definately one way or another we will see you before we leave the state.
One With Wood

Tom

If you're passing through Jacksonville and linger on the North side in the vicinity of the airport, I'll bet we can get together.  Keep us updated on your schedule. :)

Fla._Deadheader

::) ::) Turns out, that's the starting day of the Moultrie Show ::) ::)

I wanna go see that Petersen Auto Swinger ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Really!!   That would be a good visit. ;D  A trip to Moultire for two days to visit with the Southern fellows who will hopefully be eating grits at the Shoneys, visiting at the show and staying over at one of the motels on I-75. 8)

Fla._Deadheader

Tom, ya got plans for the show this year??? Ya wanna team up, again ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

I go every year .....   so far :D    Sure.    the more the merrier :D

Tom

I just went to the site and checked the dates.  The show is Oct. 19-21 2004.  I'll probably be going the 20th and 21st.

http://www.sunbeltexpo.com/

OWW..   I'll still be around to visit.  Like I said, stay in touch.  There's no telling what we might cook up. ;D

DanG

A 24 foot frozen steer, maybe? ??? ::) :D :D :D

OWW, maybe you could schedule to meet us at Moultrie on your way down, if it ain't too late to re-arrange yer schedule. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

etat

QuoteA 24 foot frozen steer, maybe?  

Now what would make a person say something like that unless it was an inside joke?  Come on, tell us!! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Bigdogpc

I know about the frozen steer...ya ought to be ashamed of yurself DanG, throwing something like that out to confuse folks!  Somebody else will need to spill the beans on it tho.  Right now this minute I'm on for Moultrie!  Another swamp thing sounds good too!!

As for the swamp video...GREAT IDEA!!!!  (keep in mind I watch bad video on gold prospecting...I'd watch most anything that holds my interest)

Great story FDH!

OneWithWood

Is that Moultrie, GA?  I will check with the little lady to see if she would be able to take a couple extra days off to leave early.
One With Wood

DanG

Ya gotta read the rest of the Forum, CK. ;D  It could have been a contest, but I doubt it. ::)

Yep, OWW, it is Moultrie, Ga.  The Ag Expo is a great event, with lots of interesting exhibits.  It covers everything with any connection to agriculture, including forestry and sawmilling. HUGE show.

I hope you can work it out, but if not, we'll figger out another way to get with you. :)

slowzuki

Heres a real question for ya!  How do ya tell what species driftwood is ???  Here it is all sun bleached and it either sinks or floats :D

Do ya just bring it home and see what surprises await 8)

Fla._Deadheader

The MORONS are on the water ::) ::) ::) ::) We hadda get outta Dodge ;D ;D ;D

Had a good trip, found LOTS of wildlife, found a few nice logs, and, have I got some stories for Y'all ;D ;D Tomorrer :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!