iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logman81 new job pics

Started by logman81, November 24, 2013, 12:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

And the landing,if next to a road,is all most people will see of your job and judge you by it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

The tops will get pulled out for firewood and the left over branches get slashed with chain saw and mashed down with skidder.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

Darn rain is really putting a damper on things! Need the cold weather back to freeze the ground up. Got guy coming to look at my skidder tomorrow will see if he likes it.

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

Hey guys finally pull some wood today with the new jack , finally have it all adjusted right and think all the little gremlins are gone.

hoping to put back on a job for this coming week if the weather is good enough to move it this weekend.

thecfarm

That is some bright skidder. Glad it is working good for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen Alford

Smart looking setup. I tried caring my saw  there one time it ended badly, no need to walking up the twitch to get on the skidder anymore, thats a bad habit of mine.   :'(    Were did you decide to put the fire extinguisher ?  ;D
logon

logman81

Thanks, I plan to put the extinguisher in the cab, hanging from the cage.

logman81

Looks like I have a window to move the skidder Saturday!

Maine logger88

Looks even better with some wood behind it! How are you likeing the tj compared to the tf?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

coxy

Quote from: logman81 on February 14, 2014, 10:45:36 AM
Hey guys finally pull some wood today with the new jack , finally have it all adjusted right and think all the little gremlins are gone.

hoping to put back on a job for this coming week if the weather is good enough to move it this weekend.
its going to be hard to put the first scratch in that shinny paint ;D ;D 8)

logman81

To me the tj is a much better machine in many ways, very easy to fix and maintain, pulls a bigger hitch, it's faster, better turning radius and is a heck of a lot easier to get in and out of. Coxy I put the first scratches on the but plate today , I cringed a little but it's going to happen a little. Now to get back to work!

logman81

couple of pics of job cleaning up tops for firewood, a bit muddy!

mad murdock

My that 'Jack looks mighty purdy!!! 8) 8)  Especially next to that wood pile!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Corley5

Cool pics  8) 8)  Looks warm there  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logman81

Ya think it hit fifty Saturday, need to get some cold temps back to freeze up the mud!

lynde37avery

nice timmyjack. best machine in hills and user friendly imo.
Detroit WHAT?

logman81

Yes seems to be a lot more stable, seems to holding together. Only problem I'm having is a few of the oil pan bolts keep loosening up, I'll have to loctite them.

logman81

a few pics of the woodlot today, and the firewood buyer taking some wood.

logman81

The wood is flying out fast and the job is starting to clean up nice.

logman81

here's a few more, people are going nuts about this wood it's going fast! It's keeping me working seven days a week.

logman81

one of the firewood buyers taking some firewood, it was a muddy day this past week!

logman81

Just when I think it's starting to dry up and I can get back to finishing this job up more rain is coming! So frustrated with this mud I have to make another landing the other one is to muddy.

Autocar

Great pictures very nice looking skidder  :).
Bill

logman81

Thanks autocar glad to here someone appreciates the pictures.

Thank You Sponsors!