The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Dynamic Green Products Inc.

Author Topic: Opening Season 2013…..Coyote!  (Read 1405 times)

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Opening Season 2013…..Coyote!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
Allot of folks are against trapping, and hunting, its hard for me to figure their way of figuring, my barber posted this one this morning after, I guess getting an ear full from someone, off his trail cam,

I say trap away,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Offline Jeff

• Fearless Leader
  • Administrator
  • I know that I do not know.
    • Share Post
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »
That's hard to look at.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offline VT_Forestry

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »
I've seen that series of photos before, friends of mine with USDA Wildlife Services were passing them around several years ago.  There is a website that has the entire event, several hundred pictures worth, of a couple coyotes taking down what appears to be a healthy 10-pointer.  There was some speculation that the deer was already wounded by a vehicle or maybe hemmoragic disease, but either way like Jeff said, it's tough to watch.  Alot of non-outdoorsy folks see pictures of coyotes and the resemblence to dogs and begin to think of them as cuddly pups instead of the crafty, instinctual predators that they really are.  Everytime I see that picture in an email or a thread like this one, it only solidifies the fact that I will feed any and all coyotes a healthy lead sandwich at every opportunity  :D
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Offline Bandmill Bandit

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
Coyotes are the most ruthless of killers! And we will NEVER run out of them.

While they are an important part of the Eco system of the plains but we still need Trap, hunt, snare, and  use what ever other means you can think of to keep them under control. I understand that Alberta has reintroduced bounty for coyotes this year. I haven't checked my self yet but will be after christmas. May do some trapping my self.     
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Offline drobertson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »
I've seen that series of photos before, friends of mine with USDA Wildlife Services were passing them around several years ago.  There is a website that has the entire event, several hundred pictures worth, of a couple coyotes taking down what appears to be a healthy 10-pointer.  There was some speculation that the deer was already wounded by a vehicle or maybe hemmoragic disease, but either way like Jeff said, it's tough to watch.  Alot of non-outdoorsy folks see pictures of coyotes and the resemblence to dogs and begin to think of them as cuddly pups instead of the crafty, instinctual predators that they really are.  Everytime I see that picture in an email or a thread like this one, it only solidifies the fact that I will feed any and all coyotes a healthy lead sandwich at every opportunity  :D
I haven't spoke with Josh, I just assumed it was from his camera,  I did wonder, either way, sorry for the graphic nature,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
Have seen that shot if that scene before, as well as the sequence of shots. Like the wolves that were fillmed pestering the cow elk moose and trying to get her calf. She wouldn't let them, but they left a short time and came back with more wolves to finally wear out the cow and take the calf down.

And a pack of house dogs will do much the same thing, as we had considerable problems back in the 50's with them on the farm. Seems they get into a pack at night and one morning we had two truck loads of sheep taken to the rendering works and three trucks of injured sheep taken to slaughter for tankage prices. They were pretty badly torn up. Managed to kill one of the dogs in the pack and this killing pack dispersed for the time being.
Another time showed up at a friends farm just as everyone was scattering and running hear and there going for guns.  A pack of dogs in broad daylight had just been in the pig pen and killed several small weaned pigs. They'd bite them just behind the ears and go from one to another.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
Sequence of trail cam pics here.

And the moose calf taken by the crafty wolves.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline elk42

• You got to be TOUGH to get old
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
 This is the best kind of yote. My grandson shot this young female this deer season.  fudd-smiley

Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Opening day archery deer season

Started by Dana on The Outdoor Board

2 Replies
Last post October 05, 2004, 06:09:21 PM
by EZ
xx
Good opening morning for firearms deer season

Started by Woodcutter_Mo on The Outdoor Board

4 Replies
Last post November 16, 2017, 03:30:43 PM
by Woodcutter_Mo