iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meet Harley

Started by Jeff, December 16, 2013, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I hadn't updated this lately. I thought about it because I'm missing my hound while up here hunting. I usually bring him up with me, but being in the woods almost all day long it isn't right to leave him in the cabin all day by himself, so for deer season, he has to stay home with icey.   I said my hound. Yup, since I last posted on this topic, Harley has officially become my dog, back around July.  In my mind he always was.  He is a great dog, as well as our icey dog.

I get to smile everytime I look at my phone up here. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Now there is 2 happy critters in MI.  ;D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Good luck with the hunting Jeff, we have a "Harley" in our family as well, he's my SIL and BIL's dog, he's a rescued dog and you couldn't find a sweeter animal, nice to see your picture of yours.

sawguy21

I am glad ours isn't Harley's size. :D We had to let our toy poodles go a month ago due to age and health issues, it sure was tough. Two weeks later we got a Shih Tzu/Maltese cross who is the sweetest little dog imaginable. For some reason she latched onto me, I can't move without her at my feet. She likes Karen but won't leave my side and wants to be on my lap as soon as I sit down.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

What would we do without dogs? :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 26, 2015, 05:44:18 PM

New Saying but oh so true. They own your heart and I cry like a baby when one of my dogs have to go.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I'll surely offend someone, but its the truth. If someone tells me they don't like dogs, I never have a good feeling about them unless they give a very compelling reason like some sort of trauma.  I also am wary of people that my dogs are wary of.  Many times the dogs are wrong about that, because it is their job to be overly cautious. On the other hand, if my dogs instantly like you. Yer in!  :)

thecfarm

We had a greenhouse and my wife would be here alone at times. My little Boo-Boo wanted to bite some guy that came. My wife told him he better leave because she could not control him. My wife told me she had never seen him bear so many teeth. I know that dog did not like him at all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kensfarm

Quote from: Jeff on November 26, 2015, 05:44:18 PM

We would stand outside in the rain for no reason at all. 

I do miss having a dog.. I've buried 5 dogs since I've been at the farm.. 4 were older and had been adopted.  My buddy put up w/ me for 16 years.  I took him fishing w/ me one time..  he found a really, really rotten fish and rolled in it good.  I was about gaging the whole ride home.  Guess.. one day I'll get another one. 

Jeff

Quote from: kensfarm on November 26, 2015, 07:08:33 PM
Guess.. one day I'll get another one. 

Do it. You and a dog for Christmas would be most excellent.

sandhills

My stepson was attacked by a neighborhood basset hound when he was young, he ended up with over 220 stitches to sew his scalp back on.  He still doesn't like those dogs, but he loves dogs.  Nobody ever figured out why the dog did that he always played with the kids (very small community of 7 or 8 families) but I guess he was in a bad mood that day, I know I can be.  Anyway my wife said he didn't cry until the sheriff showed up at the hospital to tell him "don't worry, we took care of the dog", he felt horrible thinking he was the reason.  The best thing I've done in a long time was giving one of our pups to a neighbor, he died a few days later but his widow told my wife "at least he left me a little Hope" he'd named her Hope, and the one thing I'll never forget about him is he saying "I've had a dog all my life", we're still heart broken over our missing mastiff and can't imagine life without our dogs.

kensfarm

Quote from: Jeff on November 26, 2015, 08:42:15 PM
Do it. You and a dog for Christmas would be most excellent.

That would be the best Christmas.. right now my M-F keeps me away almost 12 hrs a day.  Back from hunting..  everybody loves Thanksgiving.. time sure does fly by. 

Magicman

Our Son, Marty has gotten an Akita.  Talk about a beautiful animal, and smart.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gfadvm

Quote from: Magicman on November 28, 2015, 08:18:13 PM
Our Son, Marty has gotten an Akita.  Talk about a beautiful animal, and smart.

Be aware that Akitas are not very dog friendly. My Betty Lou was attacked by an Akita bitch with no warning at all. My veterinarian daughter told me she sees lots of smaller dogs that have been attacked by Akitas. Just a word to the wise (old saying).

Magicman

Yes, they are aware of that nature.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

He's got so big, we decided just use his head for a lap dog..

sandhills

I think he wants a treat  :)

SawyerBrown

I think he wants somebody to go outside and play with him!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Jeff

He goes out when ever I do, and I go out when ever he does, so its many times a day.  He either lays at my feet or on me or follows me from room to room. It had been a week since anyone got down on the floor to wrestle with him, so that's what he was wanting in that picture. :)

Roxie

So which is it?  Are you the most talented dog photographer of all time, or is Harley just that adorable and photogenic?  I love dogs, and I love photo's of dogs, so keep them coming. 
Say when

Magicman

I believe that Harley knows when he is being photographed, or maybe he does not fully know that he is a dog??  Maybe he thinks that Jeff is his dog.   :D

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Magicman on December 03, 2015, 09:05:07 AM
I believe that Harley knows when he is being photographed, or maybe he does not fully know that he is a dog??  Maybe he thinks that Jeff is his dog.   :D
Harley does seem to have him pretty well trained ...   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

sandhills

Yes we have several that way also  :D

Thank You Sponsors!