iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gloves?

Started by Alcranb, December 23, 2013, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

I am pretty much stuck with the yellow chore gloves year around since I am always getting my gloves wet with water (snow or rain) or oil.

I try to keep a grocery bag with old washed gloves for use when I know my gloves will get wet like changing a chain on the harvester or putting binder chains on when loading or unloading machinery or putting straps on a load of logs. The worst thing is getting oil on them as they will not dry out, they have to be washed and my wife just hates to put them oily gloves in the washing machine.

But it's getting nearly impossible to get decent yellow chore gloves anymore. The material they use just keeps getting thinner and thinner and they get smaller and smaller. I never buy any of the packs of gloves unless I take one out and see if I can get them on my big hands and open up my hand, and especially the thumb. Just yesterday I found an old and misplaced pack of 5 that were $8.99 for the package and they were not too bad. The current offering was a pack of 12 for $17.95 but they were lighter material.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

dgdrls

Quote from: Magicman on December 23, 2013, 12:30:28 PM
Home Depot has these on sale at the present time, three pair for $9.88.  For the money, they are a bargain.  Gloves

I'm with MM on this one,
Full Leather dries out my hands and they are too stiff.
I also use O'Keeffe's working hands cream.
keeps the mitts pliable and my finger tips from going to heck.

DGDrls

drobertson

been using a brand of deer skin gloves for several years, the local farm store has them for $7 bucks a pair, soft and durable,  I have found some wear for months, while others not quite so long.  Finding a durable glove that fits is at times a chore,     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SPIKER

Quote from: drobertson on December 24, 2013, 09:17:21 AM
been using a brand of deer skin gloves for several years, the local farm store has them for $7 bucks a pair, soft and durable,  I have found some wear for months, while others not quite so long.  Finding a durable glove that fits is at times a chore,     david

Same here I worked at place that bought 6 packs of DOE SKIN (yellow died ones) that would wear good and form fit.   Only real issue was looks like you are jaundice for first few break-in wears!  lol :o smiley_clapping

I'm about out of them now after 5 years.   I left right after Christmas break and we (all the maintenance guys) all got 12 pack of our size from the factory, (which I kept.)   

They are somewhat soft so I found loading off the mill was hard on them but they are real good for regular maintenance tasks and cutting wood.   Pretty good for firewood handling but they are NOT insulated so wet & cold hands can be expected...   

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

ChopperDan

I buy these by the case. Hard to beat at a buck a pair.

http://www.wondergloves.com/prod01WG.htm

YMMV
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Thank You Sponsors!