iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kinda would be nice

Started by EZ, May 31, 2004, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

beenthere

The thoughts are good, and the recipient deserving of our support. However, with several mill sponsors, favoring one over another may be rough to take for the others, or we could end up with a 'shoot-out' and only one 'mill' standing in the end. :) Sponsorship from the others after that might be a bit on the cold side.  This could turn out to be 'great' advertising for one sponsor at the expense of the others.
Maybe we should consider an alternative, so all the sponsors 'win', and maybe the sponsors' would have some suggestions for us.
Just a thought for us. I am all for showing our appreciation for Jeff's (and Tammy's) hard work and thoughtfullness (and there are others, like Tom, that work hard at this forum as well) in some form or other.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bro. Noble

I agree with 'Beenthere'.  We need to keep the sponsers happy.  They are already showing their appreciation to Jeff and the other administrators as well as the forum members by sponsering this forum.

I am all for showing appreciation by the members as well.  Maybe someone can think of an appropriate way.

I know with Jeff's interest in forestry/sawmilling collectables and also some of the really neat woodwork some of the members do,  it shouldn't be too hard to think of some way to show your appreciation individually if you are of a mind to.  I've been wracking my brain to think of some kind of junk to send home with him the next time he visits ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

iain

how much "interesting" stuff you got collected jeff?
do you need a purpose built display acre attached to your house?

Jeff

EZ, it was great of you to call me this week and a real pleasure to talk to you.

Folks, it never ceases to amaze me the way the forestry forum has reached out and pulled this group together. I was just writing to another forum friend about this. I count the forum members as my personal friends but what truly honors me is that many of you count me as your friend. A thread like this with EZ's suggestion is something that is just beyond what I could imagine. Just knowing that it would even be suggested is more meaningful to me then a mill could ever be.

Having said that, I need to say that I believe Noble and Beenthere are on track with the posts they have made. I do not see how I could accept such an honor. I think it would be great to have a portable mill. In fact I really would like to have one but the problem is I don't think I ever could choose one to buy, and if I did it would torment me because I would want to post about it all the time. This I think would not be fair to the sponsors of this site that are so great. I think that if I had a mill, no matter what color, that it could somehow effect the forum. That would be unthinkable for me. The forum is all about you folks. Not me. I work for you. The forum is not about what kind of mill you have. Its about its members and the help and friendship they give to one another.

I thought maybe I will probably have to invent a bandsaw/circle mill/swing blade/water jet hybrid to have for myself . :)  

E.Z, and all the other members that I know are out there in the back ground on this, I thank you for your thoughtfulness and really appreciate the idea but I think for the future greatness of the forum, I will have to live out my sawmill fantasys through your mills. If I need to saw some logs I sure know who I can call. :)

Thanks again everybody.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

shopteacher

Phew, glad you ain't into accepting gifts Jeff. ::)  Was considering offering you my new saw, but now see I don't have too and still be appreciated. ;D  I did get that little package from Richmond off to ya today so probably Monday you'll get that special gift I was telling ya about. Here's a pic of the 2 man it's a Rockwell 6017 with #8 Atkins handles and  cardboard sheath.  Unused.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Jeff

HEY! I said Sawmill SAWMILL!!!  I still like ta get stuff. ;)

Wow, thats one cool saw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

EZ

It was great to talk to you also, Jeff. You are a very intelligent Man.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!