iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's yer guess?

Started by Jeff, January 07, 2014, 05:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

That is about as close to hushpuppies as you can get.  It has all of the proper ingredients, plus it is fried.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

All said and done, I'm really happy for Harley! 8)  that many smells is just torture for our K-9 family, 
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pineywoods

Magicman, I guess you know you are going to have to explain "hush puppies" to the same folks who don't know about grits  ;D  hush puppies MMmmmm good
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

thecfarm

If a type of food had to be explained to me,I'm not touching it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Quote from: thecfarm on January 08, 2014, 06:40:52 PM
If a type of food had to be explained to me,I'm not touching it.
I sure aint gonna   
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

bugdust

Shucks, just when I was about to guess, "a ball of deep fried grits."
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

sawguy21

Quote from: pineywoods on January 08, 2014, 06:37:12 PM
Magicman, I guess you know you are going to have to explain "hush puppies" to the same folks who don't know about grits  ;D  hush puppies MMmmmm good
Here hush puppies are a type of shoe. This canuck is very confused. ???
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

The recipe is not much different from Jeff's stuffing ingredients.  Flour, cornmeal, egg, onions, peppers, and sometimes a bit of creamed or whole kernel corn.

Probably originally it was a way of using the leftover cornmeal. etc. after the fish were coated and frying.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

We've ate hushpuppies since I was a kid. I never considered them a southern thing, but perhaps I ate them because my mom was from southwest West Virginia. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Left Coast Chris

Closest thing we had as kids was fried left over oat meal.   Pretty good hot with maple syrup.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!