iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TSC B&C Oil

Started by Rob5073, January 09, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG28

Maybe bar oil would make them grits better? ???  :D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Al_Smith

It would give them a different flavor no doubt .

thecfarm

I have 33 gallons now.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

thecfarm

Reply #8 will answer that.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

Another pertinent question for an inqusitive mind .What exactly does the C signify in Cfarm

thecfarm

My last name Crane. There is a thread going in the restricted part. When marijuana was being legalized as a medical drug here in Maine I stopped to get gas. The guy inside though the C stood for cannabis. The guys at work would tease me about the C too. I would just go along with and add some stuff as I went.

This thread will explain even better,reply #23
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,65726.20.html

Rob5073

Quote from: JohnG28 on January 13, 2014, 08:44:34 AM
Maybe bar oil would make them grits better? ???  :D

Nothing works on the grit

Al_Smith

Very interesting on C.

Crow99

An even $7 per gal in Presque Isle ME TSC today. Bought 2. There's that northern Maine "tax" again. Gas and fuel oil are 15 to 20 cents higher than farther south too. They claim it's due to "transportation. "  I claim it's due to "because we can."
Foods that Yankees eat :  How about ployes. ? Delicious.

thecfarm

ployes? never heard of them. Had to do a google and I can see why I don't know what they are.

A ploye is a pancake type mix of buckwheat flour, wheat flour, baking powder and water which is extremely popular in the Madawaska region, Canada and northern Maine

Crow99

There ya go.  Kind of a far northern Maine thing.  My daughter was taught all about them several years ago in home ec. class. (Do they even have home ec any more?)  You can eat them like a pancake with syrup or molasses, or you can use them like a crepe and wrap things like strawberries and whipped cream in them.
I wonder if the southern branch of the Acadians I.e. The "Cajuns" in Louisiana, do anything similar.  Up here you can buy ploye mix in most of the stores..

oh and to stay on topic, bar oil is not considered a suitable garnish.

thecfarm

I will have to see if it comes this far South.

Crow99

It might get down there. There's a lot of French influence in the Lewiston Auburn area for example.  If not and you would like to try some I can get a bag of it and put it in a flat rate box for you.

John Mc

Quote from: Crow99 on January 14, 2014, 05:29:30 PM
It might get down there. There's a lot of French influence in the Lewiston Auburn area for example.  If not and you would like to try some I can get a bag of it and put it in a flat rate box for you.

Be careful, he might send you back a box of grits as a thank you (I wonder if he'd have to pay extra for hazmat shipping on the grits?)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Reddog

Quote from: Rob5073 on January 09, 2014, 07:08:33 PM
Looks like County Line Chain oil is on sale at Tractor Supply, at least in Texas.  I picked up a gallon for $6.50 tax incl.

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a few gallons today.   :)

Crow99

Well don't laugh to hard there. Years ago I lived down South and discovered I actually liked grits.  Was a bit embarrassed the first time a waitress asked, "y'all want grits with that?" though.  Didn't know what they were or if I'd like them, so I asked her if maybe I could "just try a couple... " ;D

thecfarm

Don't have to worry about me sending grits. I don't know where to buy them either.

thecfarm

Found the ployes at Hannaford's.
Bouchard Family Farm French Acadian Buckwheat ployes

Crow99

Yup. That's the one. Enjoy.

Ward Barnes

If is was not for Grits I would not be here.  We were so poor back then that we ate grits at every meal.  Grits and grease for breakfast, fried congealed grits for lunch and grits mixed with tomatoes for supper.  On special occasions we would get two bowls of grits instead of just one.  God Bless, Ward and Mary.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

Al_Smith

What this country needs is a good 2 dollar a gallon bar oil . ;D

ctklrdon

Hi Al,

They took all the tolls down in the mid 80's here in CT. after 7~8 people were killed at the Stratford toll plaza, when a T.T. lost it's brakes. Come on back and visit sometime!!!

Don
187 saws in our collection, all colors from 1947 to 2007

Rob5073

Quote from: Crow99 on January 14, 2014, 05:50:23 PM
Well don't laugh to hard there. Years ago I lived down South and discovered I actually liked grits.  Was a bit embarrassed the first time a waitress asked, "y'all want grits with that?" though.  Didn't know what they were or if I'd like them, so I asked her if maybe I could "just try a couple... " ;D

That's funny =)  Being originally from NJ, I had no idea what grits were.  It wasn't until 1987 when I joined the Air Force and went to San Antonio for basic that I met the grit.  In the chow hall, I saw something in the serving line which resembled what my mom fed me when I was a kid.....Pastina! I think it was an Italian thing.  Anyway I asked for a bowl of the stuff and found out it was grits! I ended up eating it quite often.  Now though, many years have passed and I can't remember the last time I had them.

LeeB

Italians eat grits all the time. They just call it polenta.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!