iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I was this close to making it home...

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2004, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I have two screen doors , one at each end of the house . they are build from cedar that I sawed , to make them pooch proof ..... I put a full panel on the botom of each door and screened in the top . that way the dogs (yes two) can let themselsve out , they havent learned yet how to open the door so my lab when he wants in just stands up and leans on the door , the boarder collie just sits there and will wine ,.... and wine until somebody lets him in and then once hes in will turn and  * what took so long *  look on him.....
 On my gazebo I built a full screen door , to stop mr. pooch from blasting throught (witch he has done afew times ) I put a cross peice about 18 * up from botom and put birch branches across from on corner to the next diagonaly in a sun ray patern it worked fine but now I have to change them (read they wroughted out )  I'll be putting in cedar this time ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Well, this come out a little cleaner then I thougth it would.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Hey!  Cool!

How'd you get that silhouette of the fellow with the Forestry Forum hat, taking a picture on there.  Is that paint or stain?  ;D

Jeff

Update  :)  Its scribing time again. :)

chet

Only 26 days left to get er done!    ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

It aint goona happen. :D Ya'll will get the before and after.  My next order of cedar is still in the dryer. Hope to get it this weekend IF it gets done. Bring yer Hammer Chester. :D

Jeff

New Tool!  We can now start building and assembling our deck rail. If we get time. :-/

Sure makes some cool shavings. Look good enough to eat. I bet Cedar shavings might taste like grits? ;)

etat

Boy, that's a gonna be nice.  Sure do wish i had time to come North and see it in person.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

I see ya got the Makita hooked on the end of 'er. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Yep, shes a heck of a drill. Problem with it is it can wrap ya up in a knot.

pappy

Is it a bit ta make the tenon ??

I need one,  where can I get me one.
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

pappy

Thank you Tammy,

The house is looking GOOD !!!
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Corley5

Makes ya wonder why someone would leave nice wood like that in the swamp  :o ::) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I think I'll be back scrounging. Now that I got that tool there are a lot of other little peices back there that might be useful. 8)

Corley5

SwampDonkey

Corley:

You know as well as anyone that if you made the effort to gather all those pieces from the swamp, that it would be sittin behind the mill till dooms day. Some known scrounger, no names mentioned, has to come and root through it all on site before it's legit. ;) :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Well, we finally got the west end of the house sided, caulked, and ready to stain tomorrow. One of Tammy's bus driver buddy's husbands came over while we were at work and set up that scaffold. Nice surprise!

Second picture is of our preliminary deck rail mock up.

Another view

chet

Well, the last couple of weeks I got together my tool belt, all my hammers and nail guns, my scribing tools, and a whole lot of misc. carpentry tools. Da plan was to bring dem to da piggy roast ta finish da Brokaw project.  :)
Well wouldn't ya know it, I can't remember where I put dat DanG stuff.   :-/
DanG it, I'll just have ta be content ta visit, maybe have me one or two of dem blue beers, and a piece of dat roast piggy.    :D   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Them deck railings look kinda familar ???  Weren't they gonna be a light bar thingy or something ??? ???  You've got way more patience than I do.  I'd sawed everything so it was square or close anyway ;) then put it together ;D

SwampDonkey

So that's what they use that hockey stick shaped cedar rails for. ;D

Now ya needs that unfolding auning from those infomercials to keep the hot sun off ya when sit'n on that nice deck. ;) I like your siding job too. I been lookin them photos over well to see if the folks from 'Complete Maker-Over' are on site filming. Is Bob Villa coming to the piggy roast? ;)

8)  :)

Jeff

Another update. Front is getting close.

jest dont go around da corner... :D

Fla._Deadheader

Hey, is dat da log rollin pond???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Wildflower

That is not the log rolling pond.  :o
That is the swimming pond.  ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

chet

Not even if we use a new shiny clean log?   ???

Thank You Sponsors!