iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you doing today?

Started by clww, January 26, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

We have mondays off for the winter so we have been working around the house,still unpacking.
Today we took the pellet stove to be repaired and then I put a new starting fan on the woodgas truck. It worked well and started the engine on straight woodgas so I took it for a drive to celebrate.
First time since November.
Also have lamb shanks slow cooking on the woodstove since noon and it's smelling really good. :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

clww

This is for "Any Day", not just yesterday in particular.

Got home from the trees at about 5:45 pm, with the temp at 61 degrees. The latest winter storm "Leon" is supposed to nail us here at The Beach with another round of snow, beginning Tuesday afternoon. With this in mind, I brought in as much firewood as possible. By 6:15, the thermometer had dropped to 41 degrees. :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Quote from: Paul_H on January 27, 2014, 06:44:57 PM
Also have lamb shanks slow cooking on the woodstove since noon and it's smelling really good. :)

Had lamb shanks on mashed potatoes in Australia.  I bet they are just as good in Canada. 

Here is the coyote ugly persimmon log, David.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

You use the term "log" very loosely.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Red Good

Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

WDH

MM,

Well, there might be a "little log" in there somewhere.  We are not all as lucky as Dodgy Loner who found the black walnut and cherry log "Fairy"  :).

Red Good,

I bet that persimmon would make a stout hockey stick  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

Looks like a question mark to me. What will it turn out as  ??? ??? ???
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

:D

Probably not much  :).  However, a man has to try. 

Magicman

Poston would make a bench out of it.  Probably for crooks.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

A crooked bench for crooks.  Except, the crook is the guy who charges $300 for a little, thin, knotty, split, bacterial infected, end-checked, bark-fallen-off, bleached from the sun, riddled with powderpost beetles, water oak slab  :D. 

(BTW, I have plenty of them if anyone is interested.)

Chuck White

Almost looks to me like it's still squirming, trying to get away!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

That thing was sticking up on the trailer on the way home like a rude salute. 

isawlogs

When a pic comes up like this one and has ''log'' tagged to it it(Tom) scares me , I am so glad to know that you sell lumber and not logs.  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

I will sell this one cheap  :D.  If you buy it, I will ship it free, and even throw in a couple of bags of grits if you want it  ;D.

Holmes

Quote from: isawlogs on January 27, 2014, 10:44:19 PM
When a pic comes up like this one and has ''log'' tagged to it it(Tom) scares me , I am so glad to know that you sell lumber and not logs.  ;D
I know that WDH makes lumber but this is the first time I have heard that he actually sells lumber. :)  Didn't he just build another storage shed / drying shed?  :)
Think like a farmer.

WDH

Hey, I sold five boards, just yesterday  :).

Peter Drouin

Do you restick the lumber after kiln drying? If so, do you let the customer pick through the pile?  :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

The lumber goes in racks, separate by species, and sometimes by sawing method, i.e. flatsawn versus rift/quartersawn.  They can pick thru the rack as long as they put back what they don't choose the way it was before. 

Peter Drouin

And what about length are they all 8'. Say I have  a1x8 then it's 8' 10' 12' on and on I have piles and piles  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

Mark this one down you all.
If I was buying that,oh the horrors,must I call that thing a log?? I would tell WDH to keep the log and just,more horrors,send the grits.   ::) :D
If we cut a tree like that my Father would say,That is so crooked,it won't even make straight smoke.

With the wind blowing the way it is,looks like an inside day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 27, 2014, 10:32:01 PM
A crooked bench for crooks.  Except, the crook is the guy who charges $300 for a little, thin, knotty, split, bacterial infected, end-checked, bark-fallen-off, bleached from the sun, riddled with powderpost beetles, water oak slab  :D. 

You've been reading my Craig's List ads.  :D :D :D

And just to set the record straight "know it all"......my slabs are not sun bleached.  :D The rest of what you said.......its called character.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

isawlogs

Quote from: Holmes on January 27, 2014, 11:42:22 PM
Quote from: isawlogs on January 27, 2014, 10:44:19 PM
I know that WDH makes lumber but this is the first time I have heard that he actually sells lumber. :)  Didn't he just build another storage shed / drying shed?  :)

I repent, I should of said '' Try to sell lumber''    smiley_smug01
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Peter,

All of my "hardwood lumber" is either 8, 9, or 10 foot in length.  10 feet is the max for the kiln. 

I will not respond to the rest of those Lumber Selling Wannabes.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on January 28, 2014, 09:55:33 PM
Peter,

All of my "hardwood lumber" is either 8, 9, or 10 foot in length.  10 feet is the max for the kiln. 

I will not respond to the rest of those Lumber Selling Wannabes.

Thanks,  :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

goose63

Blow snow so I can get to the wood pile people are asking for wood now that the price of gas has gone up 5.98 a gallon yesterday  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!