iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is your Favorite Leftover??

Started by Magicman, February 16, 2014, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Pat can make the nanner pudding.  You and Nelda (well actually Nelda) bring that blueberry stuff.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Meatloaf Swedish meat balls  :D 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

gunman63

DaleK

I like cold leftover corn on the cob.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

Red Good

Pizza , after that anything at all , not really fussy .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

WildDog

I'm another one for home made pizza, hot or cold :) If I am BBQing steak I will cook up extra so the next day I can cut into strips against the grain to put on a sandwich :) :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Weekend_Sawyer

I love having leftovers in the fridge.
Diane is a great salad maker, the other night she made a very nice greens salad and topped it with leftover slices of cold venison roast and pan fried corn.
Mmmmman that was good!

I love leftover pizza too!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

bugdust

Pinto beans, the more times you heat them they get gooder and gooder. Then there's meat loaf, steak, potatoes and onions, old cold biscuit, corn on the cob ...... What was the question again?
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

21incher

Turkey, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, & gravy. Basically all food from Thanksgiving.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Saki

Turkey sandwiches white bread and mayo the days after thanks giving....

Fried chicken, cold pizza, chili-soup, or darn near any soup.

Cedar Savage

A pot of chili can last a week, also left over scalloped potatoes with eggs for breakfast can't be beat.
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

Okrafarmer

The better the food, the better the leftovers.

Plastic food = plastic leftovers. ie, Kraft Mac and Cheese

Real food = real leftovers. ie, scratch-made hog sausage lasagna!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

Tonight amid some serious administrative bookkeeping that had consumed the majority of the day, Pat microwaved me a hot bowl of chili. 

That is much different from a bowl of hot chili.  It was spicy and flavorful but hot necessarily "pepper" hot, and yes, it would float a spoon.   food6   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ernie

Apple crumble, lemon meringue pie, pumpkin pie.  It's vary hard to get leftover anything in our house which sorta accounts for my shape ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sawguy21

:D I hear ya Ernie. Back in my single days I would have starved to death if it were not for leftovers. The women took pity on my neglected bod and would send me home with a doggy bag, it was great. About the only one I really don't care for is cold pizza the following day although I will eat it, crust becomes tough.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Well at least Cfarm has some soft cheese for leftovers. I think his leftover steak will be a little tough cold the next day. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I though I heard pie mentioned. I can still hear my Father say, PIE for breakfast.  ;D
That chesse is some pricey now Swampdonkey. Well has been for quite some time. Can buy a good grade of steak cheaper than a good grade of cheese.
Ernie,lemon meringue pie. I can hear my Mother tell me the lemon meringue pie story. My Mother made a lemon meringue pie and set it on the edge of the sideboard. She looked at it and saw 3-4 little places on it that did not look right. I was young and could just about reach the counter, I had stuck my little fingers on top of the meringue.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

The pie gene usually expresses itself at a very young age. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

And the pie story expresses itself at an old age too.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ernie

Back in the day, the dragon (MIL) would come to stay for a couple of days every now and then, the only reason I allowed the visits was the lemon meringue pies she would bring, one for the family and one for me.  Mine was gone first and I usually managed to score at least one piece from the family one:)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

m wood

Venison Chili, any kind of stew.  I like to make big 'ol hearty soups with a turkey carcass or monster ham bone after a holiday dinner.

I was was once related to a guy (thru one of my ex's), that would not touch left-over food.  He stuck that nose in the air and insisted it was beneath him to eat anything that was not fresh made the 1st time.  I just sat there aghast till I realized my head was cocked to one side and my jaw was drobbed open...I couldn't respond without making trouble :-X :o
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

BradMarks

We always cook more breaded venison (pan fried) than a meals worth, I'm big on steak sandwich the next day. Of course meatloaf sandwiches too!  And I'll add a vote for cold corn on the cob, which I would have never imagined until years ago when an employee brought to work some coated lightly with sour cream and chili powder. It's yummy. Now I'm hungry!

Magicman

I just downed that last bowl of chile and I microwaved that last King Cake to polished it off.  Both were fine leftovers.   ;D

36 coupe

Quote from: gunman63 on February 20, 2014, 09:03:25 PM
whats leftovers ?
I grew up in the 40s and 50s saw never saw any leftovers.Theres some mashed potatoes left on the stove, they wont make it to the fridge.Some posters described what they ate.I said you must be on food stamps.I have had slim pickens at times, its getting worse.

Magicman

Dad milked the cow and the chickens laid eggs.  The roosters made meat.  We always had corn in the crib that could be ground, so we had corn flour, grits, and corn meal.  My Mom made do with what we had.  I sometimes did not like what we ate and often did not understand.

Thank You Sponsors!