iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is your Favorite Leftover??

Started by Magicman, February 16, 2014, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Had pizza last night for supper, so you know what that means. Leftover pizza. Forgot to mention baked beans, they taste the same leftover as the first time, Dang Good stuff. Then any chicken, which I had for dinner goes into a chicken stew that gets eaten for a few meals. :) ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WmFritz

Scalloped Potatoes don't even compare on day two.
And Navy Bean Soup runs a near second.   digin_2
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Weekend_Sawyer

Last night I cleaned out the fridge and made soup.
boiled down a leftover smoked chicken carcase
Added in leftover jimmy dean and Italian sausage, also smoked from making pizzas.
2 potatoes
carrots
celery
peppers  and onions
simmered for 20 minutes, took it off the heat and added kale and broccoli.
shake in some cumin, chipotle, garlic, salt and pepper.
Tasty, tasty, tasty!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sawguy21

Quote from: m wood on March 05, 2014, 04:03:58 PM
Venison Chili, any kind of stew.  I like to make big 'ol hearty soups with a turkey carcass or monster ham bone after a holiday dinner.

I was was once related to a guy (thru one of my ex's), that would not touch left-over food.  He stuck that nose in the air and insisted it was beneath him to eat anything that was not fresh made the 1st time.  I just sat there aghast till I realized my head was cocked to one side and my jaw was drobbed open...I couldn't respond without making trouble :-X :o
I knew  a single woman like that, her diet must have been very limited.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Wick

Eating leftover lasagna for lunch. Better than it was 2 nights ago.  digin1
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Chuck White

Left-Over "boiled dinner" is good to the last drop!

Boiled Dinner for those that don't know starts out with cut up potatoes, lots of cut up onions, lots of cabbage, some turnip, lots of carrots, a ham (some cut up in serving sized pieces) and the bone with lots of meat still on it is added also, for the extra flavor!

Put everything in a big pot or roasting pan (a LARGE crockpot is a nice substitute) add water until everything is covered.

Put the pot in the oven and cook all day!!!!!!!

Most people agree, "it's better the second time around"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Oyster Rockefeller, just as good the next two warm ups. Lots of good stuff like real butter, real cream, and real bread crumbs, taters, smoked oysters with the juice........everything real, right down to the onion and garlic. :D mmm Oh, my goodness. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I just finished a bait of turnip greens, cole slaw, french fries, hush puppies, and catfish.  food6 There was none left over for leftovers.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Next up for Planned leftovers.
Corned Beef for St. Patty's Day. :)
And samiches for the next couple days.
Corned Beef=more better'n Grits.

Magicman

If you say so, but I can not offer an opinion.  I have never tried corned beef.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

Okay, I was kidding about the Grits.  You're kidding about the Corned Beef right? ;D

LeeB

I have to say, one of my favorite left overs is a tip on the table for the waitress. No muss, no fuss, no dishes to clean.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Quote from: Mooseherder on March 13, 2014, 10:33:22 PMYou're kidding about the Corned Beef right?
Nope, not kidding.  I have seen it on buffet lines etc, but I have never tried it.

SwampDonkey

I actually never cared for it myself. I have had it from a can as well and could tolerate it for a sandwich. In fact ate a few canned corned beef sandwiches on long woods hikes into remote trout fishing holes.  ;D

WildDog

As a young stockman the cook would send us off each morning with corned beef, pickles and cheese sandwich's. I used to think not again when I'd pull the melted sandwich's out of the saddle bag in the heat of summer. :(

These days my wife cooks a corned beef on Sunday nights for lunch meat to last me the week at work. Things have changed with air conditioned cars and coolers :)   
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

petefrom bearswamp

I haven't read the whole thread, but my vote is for anything with tomatoes in it,  especially pasta dishes.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

pineywoods

Wife made a banana pudding big enough to feed 20 people. Took it to church tonite, wasn't much left, but I'm licking the bowl.
Eat your heart out Magicman  :D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Raider Bill

Last night we took the left over corned beef from Sunday and made a Ruben casserole. First time I've had it and was very DELISH!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Line a casserole dish with a layer of flattened Pillsbury crescent rolls.
Bake at 375 for 9 minutes or until browned.

Take a bag of sauerkraut drain then mix in 1000 island dressing. This wasn't measured, We did it to taste.

Spread that out on top of the browned dough then put 1/2 brick of sliced swiss cheese on top. We had a 8oz brick and used that.

Put sliced corned beef or left over Easter meat on top of that then more Swiss cheese [the other 1/2] brick.

Cover with layer of cresent roll, egg wash, then sprinkle caraway seeds over it.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

TA  DA!
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

LeeB

Looks good and like a heart attack on a plate. How come all the good stuff is bad for you?

Raider Bill

That's one of life's mystery's ...

Magicman

Looks good.

In addition to Corned Beef, I'll have to add Sauerkraut to my list of stuff that I have never eaten.

Thank You Sponsors!