The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Logging photos this winter  (Read 2769 times)

Offline bedway

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: Logging photos this winter
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »
Those are some nice logs you got there, but the real keeper is that beautiful 4 year old. ;) Gosh they grow up fast, so treasure the young years with them.

Offline BEEMERS

• Full Member x2
  • Excavating contractor,Logger in the winter
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 11:41:39 AM »
Thank you guys for appreciating the pics of my daughter..I have 2 boys also 7 & 9 I'll throw some more pics up..I know this is a logging forum but she is on a stump!! Its just that theyre in school all day, and shes back playin lumberjack!
Coxy, the stump is an Aspen with a hole in the center..I figured someone would mention the spears stickin up...I had to leave some extra holding wood on that side to coax it over that direction.
The tree is indeed a cherry.I have a little sand ground on the west side of property with a little scrubby junk cherry. And then clay loam soils on the rest with big aspen and red oak.Some white oak and soft maple and some Old white pine left behind from the 1880,s and in the middle of it all I find this ONE cherry!!
Its nice,hard to take a pic of its @ 18 inches across..not big but veneer for @ 4o feet,a little bump and ten more feet of veneer...fifty feet to a branch and straight as an arrow,no visible taper either.
This is literally the ONLY cherry at ALL..of any quality..I know the land adjoining me too...funything is on 400 acres I have exactly 1 Beech also.I lived here all my life again,more beech the north aways but a mile or so..
Its nothing great a foot diameter and tall..My land is a square mile missing NW and SE corners..I know whats in them ..and around it and over a square mile with 1 cherry and 1beech.

Offline BEEMERS

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 12:12:03 PM »
Thought Id find some tough old loggers and lumberjacks here...found them and also,good men with big hearts and a love and respect for family, fatherhood and children...of all my photos it seems like ONE really got a lot more response than the rest...hence,my new Avatar!!

Offline luvmexfood

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »
Yep. I see who the boss on that job is now. Enjoy them while they are young.

When my daughter was about that age she wanted me to take her deer hunting with me. Went one morning while she was still in bed and came back in around 10:30 wearing camo. She looked at me and said "you went hunting without me". That evening I was almost out the door in camo when she saw me and cried wanting to go.

Bundled her up and took her. She had a little blue toy rifle she took. We went out and set on a log and I put my muzzleloader in front or us leaning on a tree. She did the same with her little blue gun. She was super quite and much to my suprise a 6 point came right up on us. When I easied to get my gun she did the same to get her toy gun. Harvested the six point with her and it is a memory I will never forget.

Another time when she was older I took her and we were in a buddy stand. Along comes a spike right under us and I was going to let it go. She is whispering shoot it dad. Shoot it. I did but when the field dressing started she went to the truck. But she will eat every bite of venision you fix for her.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »
luvmexfood,that is a nice story  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline luvmexfood

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 06:26:57 PM »
She has a brother that is 8 years older than him. Used to take them bluegill fishing all the time. From the day she could hold a pole she would out fish him every time. And boy did she rub it in on big brother. Ha. She is 16 now and cares nothing about getting a drivers liscense. Her brother is 24 and is a VA. State Police. He applied along with a thousand others. No political pull but he was one of the 100 accepted and 90 that graduated. Yes. Dad is proud.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Offline BEEMERS

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 06:50:47 PM »
Very nice story. I don't know what else to say!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Old Logging photos

Started by Raider Bill on Forestry and Logging

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2015, 07:29:44 PM
by deerguy
xx
Fixing old logging photos.

Started by Jeff on General Board

145 Replies
Last post October 17, 2016, 09:09:02 PM
by thecfarm